cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Set gadget configuration parameter

dwightwhe
1-Newbie

Set gadget configuration parameter

Hi,

I have a gadget that has a configuration parameter "dataset" identifying the thing it should display. I can add this gadget to the dashboard, but how can I set the configuration parameter (either UI or via script), so that the gadget is properly configured on startup?

For test purposes I can embed this gadget into a static mashup and bind the configuration parameter. This works fine, but for the dashboard this needs to be dynamic and set by the user.

EDIT: I was able to call DashboardFunctions.AddDashboardItem and set the parameters argument to my desired params. I do this in a scripted call. This works for me.

Thanks. Much appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Dwight,

What datashape did you utilize for the dashboard parameters, I'm currently trying to use DashboardItemParameter.  If you have a sample of your code that shows the parameter infotable setting that would be of great help.

Thanks,

Keri

keriw
1-Newbie
(To:keriw)

nevermind, I had it right, as when I show the edit parameters, it is shows me the value I assigned, oddly in 7.3 when you display the value on the screen it isn't showing as actually set like the edit parameters is showing.

Keri,

Is this different than other versions? Could you send a screenshot?

what would you like to see a screenshot of?

Top Tags