cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Show widgets while hovering an image

JulianaGuerra
11-Garnet

Show widgets while hovering an image

Hello! I was wondering if I could have an image that while hovering it with the mouse it would show some information (labels and buttons) in front of the image. Is it possible? 
Thank you in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The solution end up being like this in case someone finds this post and needs some help: we used a HTML area and an overlay class in custom CSS so that some widgets only appear while hovering the container in our collection.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Why don't you use a Button widget directly?

The button widget has Tooltip field and it will show information while hovering over;

You can Use a ICON in the button to show image / you can change the Button style directly, and the Button will look like an image, and you can click on this image to work as the button (with tooltip hint)

The widget which has the hovering event is the Map widget, when you mouse over a location in the map, you can choose to pop up something.

Hello! thank you for your response @zyuan1
This solution would be good if I could change the style of the tooltip, can I? And I would also need to show other buttons through the hovering, which I don't know if it is possible 

Hi, In 8.3 I see there are Style Definition options for Tooltips, by then you can change the style. While after Style Theme is applied, I didn't see such a field, maybe I've missed it.

And each button are independent, when you hover one button, other buttons are still there, so what's your concern?

@zyuan1 My concern is that I want those extra buttons to only appear while hovering the 1st one, which for now I haven't found a solution yet 

The solution end up being like this in case someone finds this post and needs some help: we used a HTML area and an overlay class in custom CSS so that some widgets only appear while hovering the container in our collection.

Top Tags