cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Sorting the Advanced Grid widget.

Radu
15-Moonstone

Sorting the Advanced Grid widget.

Hi. I have an infotable bound to an Advanced Grid widget (using v4.2.1 from the marketplace) and I see that the column sorting is not readily available as it is with the standard Grid widget.

I checked the documentation, and it only specifies how to sort columns when you have Data Table as a source, but I'm interested in using infotables. Can anyone go into detail on how sorting should be done? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Radu)

Hi @Radu.

It would be very similar to the DataTable service, but you would need to create your own custom service that takes a query parameter as an input. If you already have a service bound to the grid, you would just need to add the query input parameter.  This community post may help.  This page from our Help Center may also be helpful.

Please let us know if you still have questions.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Radu)

Hi @Radu.

It would be very similar to the DataTable service, but you would need to create your own custom service that takes a query parameter as an input. If you already have a service bound to the grid, you would just need to add the query input parameter.  This community post may help.  This page from our Help Center may also be helpful.

Please let us know if you still have questions.

Regards.

--Sharon

Radu
15-Moonstone
(To:slangley)

Hi.

Thank you very much for your help. It is very true that it's very similar to data tables, the only problem was that Data Tables were a standalone entity on itself that had a Query service, whereas infotables were properties. I managed to find the InfotableFunctions resource that had the same Query service as the data tables and found the workaround.

For anyone else struggling, I explained how to do it here.

Top Tags