cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Store data on Value Stream MQTT problem

juancmaldo
6-Contributor

Store data on Value Stream MQTT problem

Hi All,

I need information about the following problem:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/Thing-view-property-value-receive-from-Mqtt-Broker-but-not-store/td-p/518705

I see this solution, but i dont know how to proceed

Hello,

I found solution on thic community. So we can close this topic.

Get null pointer exception if property change via mqtt

Visibility Permissions when logging properties

You have to go to your ValueStream and click on ThingworxPersistenceProvider and click on View. Than you must start the AddVisibilityPermission-Service of the PersistenceProvider:

principal: Everyone

principalType: Organization

After that the ValueStream will work

Thanks for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
visla
14-Alexandrite
(To:juancmaldo)

Hello!

Without getting into details in the issue and just focusing on the steps mentioned in the related thread solution, this is what the user suggested doing:

1) There must be a problematic Value Stream for your issue. Look for it in the ThingWorx Composer Home under "Data Storage" --> "Value Streams"

2) Click on its name to edit it (a new tab for the Value Stream is opened)

3) In the "General Information" section, you will see the "Persistence Provider" field pointing probably to "ThingworxPersistenceProvider". Click on it and you will be offered to View / Edit / Clear. Select "View"

4) A new tab for the Persistence Provider will be opened. Go to Services and look for service "AddVisibilityPermission"

5) Click on "Test" to run this Service and you will be asked to enter the following two inputs:

principal

principalType

6) Enter "Everyone" as principal and "Organization" as principalType, and click on "Execute Service"

That should fix the issue according to user in related thread.

I hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Vanessa

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
visla
14-Alexandrite
(To:juancmaldo)

Hello!

Without getting into details in the issue and just focusing on the steps mentioned in the related thread solution, this is what the user suggested doing:

1) There must be a problematic Value Stream for your issue. Look for it in the ThingWorx Composer Home under "Data Storage" --> "Value Streams"

2) Click on its name to edit it (a new tab for the Value Stream is opened)

3) In the "General Information" section, you will see the "Persistence Provider" field pointing probably to "ThingworxPersistenceProvider". Click on it and you will be offered to View / Edit / Clear. Select "View"

4) A new tab for the Persistence Provider will be opened. Go to Services and look for service "AddVisibilityPermission"

5) Click on "Test" to run this Service and you will be asked to enter the following two inputs:

principal

principalType

6) Enter "Everyone" as principal and "Organization" as principalType, and click on "Execute Service"

That should fix the issue according to user in related thread.

I hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Vanessa

juancmaldo
6-Contributor
(To:visla)

Thank you so much @visla it works!.

Best Regards.

Top Tags