cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Storing data pulled from a database inside a stream/value stream

WB_9962145
6-Contributor

Storing data pulled from a database inside a stream/value stream

Hello,

I was wondering weither it would be possible to store the data i pull from my DB inside a stream?
I succefuly made the connexion to Mssql and i am able to query those data using a service.

The reason behind this is that i'd like to be able to iterate through or use the recent temperature data stored in the stream inside a subscription that does some manipulations for me.

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:WB_9962145)

Hi @WB_9962145.

You can certainly do that.  Here are some links that may help to determine the best method:

Storing Data in ThingWorx

Difference between Streams, Value Streams and Datatables in ThingWorx

Methods for Data Storage

Review the above to determine if you actually want to use streams.  It's also possible to leave the data in the source location and write services to handle the manipulations for returning the needed values.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:WB_9962145)

Hi @WB_9962145.

You can certainly do that.  Here are some links that may help to determine the best method:

Storing Data in ThingWorx

Difference between Streams, Value Streams and Datatables in ThingWorx

Methods for Data Storage

Review the above to determine if you actually want to use streams.  It's also possible to leave the data in the source location and write services to handle the manipulations for returning the needed values.

Regards.

--Sharon

Thanks to this article I can learn more. Expand my knowledge and abilities. Actually the article is very real.

Dinar Guru

Top Tags