cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Stream Thing service issue(update, add)

CHASEONHO
18-Opal

Stream Thing service issue(update, add)

I have newly configured the update service during the stream's service.

Given a Thing's name and attributes, it will fetch a specific one-line stream

Then, based on a single line of information, change only some of the values, and then modify the stream with a specific one-line id.

The problem is that services are sometimes delayed.

When I think of it, is it superimposed on the moment the source changes from that user to the superuser and the stream modifications that the subscription does?

Does ThingWorx not immediately modify the stream?

The modification mentioned here means UpdateStreamEntry

In addition, when an entry is added to the stream, the source is set as the connected user

But after a while it turns into SuperUser. Why?

thank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We suspect that a problem occurs when the UpdateStreamEntry is executed at 10-second intervals in the subscription and the UpdateStreamEntry is executed manually at the same time.

So I added another field to the stream so that the UpdateStreamEntry that runs every 10 seconds in the subscription is done once.

Then, when I manually run the UpdateStreamEntry, I get the result that it is not delayed but it changes immediately.

When anyone tries an UpdateStreamEntry, make sure that it does not overlap with the subscription (which runs the UpdateStreamEntry as a timer). This may seem like the service is not running.

thank

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

We suspect that a problem occurs when the UpdateStreamEntry is executed at 10-second intervals in the subscription and the UpdateStreamEntry is executed manually at the same time.

So I added another field to the stream so that the UpdateStreamEntry that runs every 10 seconds in the subscription is done once.

Then, when I manually run the UpdateStreamEntry, I get the result that it is not delayed but it changes immediately.

When anyone tries an UpdateStreamEntry, make sure that it does not overlap with the subscription (which runs the UpdateStreamEntry as a timer). This may seem like the service is not running.

thank

Top Tags