cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

System - Logs not visible to admin user in Thingworx new composer

jbester
13-Aquamarine

System - Logs not visible to admin user in Thingworx new composer

Good day All,

I am trying to provide non-administrative user permission to view the Application and Script log in Thingworx 8.4.7. This is similar to this case: 

https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/Monitor-Log-Access-in-7-1/td-p/520204

However, in the new composer the System - Logs are not available anymore to change the permissions.

How do I go about doing this in the new composer?

Thanks,

Johan Bester

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mnarang
17-Peridot
(To:jbester)

In the new composer Permission tab ->Collection permission ,there is Logs collection .You need to provide permission on this collection .Please see the attached screenshot to locate Logs in collection permission.

Thanks,

Mukul Narang 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mnarang
17-Peridot

In the new composer Permission tab ->Collection permission ,there is Logs collection .You need to provide permission on this collection .Please see the attached screenshot to locate Logs in collection permission.

Thanks,

Mukul Narang 

jbester
13-Aquamarine
(To:mnarang)

Hi @mnarang,

Do you know of any way to filter what log entries are visible to the non-administrative user? e.g. that they can only see the log entries as it is related to entities for which they have visibility permissions?

I recall something like this being done for the multi-tenant environment that the Capstone projects were hosted on for PTCU.

Thanks,

Johan Bester

mnarang
17-Peridot

The log entries are being fetched using "QueryLogEntries" service of specific log types. There is already an OOTB filter on the Log page which has an option for selecting the user. The snippet of QueryLogEntries have many inputs to filter. If you want to filter using the OOTB log page then go for the filter options available .If you want to fix the filtering than you need to customize the log mashups to execute the service with required filter inputs .

Thanks,

Mukul Narang 

jbester
13-Aquamarine
(To:mnarang)

Hi @mnarang,

Thank you for the input so far. Changing the query parameters for QueryLogEntries on the relevant log with a user/session variable would be great, but the "LogViewer" mashup is not editable, I can duplicate the mashup and edit it. I do not want to veer away to far from the standard interfaces.

Is there possibly a way to edit the "ThingworxMonitoringMenu" that it points to a duplicate of the "LogViewer" Mashup that I can apply the required filters?

Or is there another way to influence the input parameters to the OOTB filter for QueryLogEntries without editing the "non-editable" entities?

Thank you for your assistance.

Johan Bester

Top Tags