cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

TWX_Salesforce_Connector_ExtensionPackage location

nmilleson
17-Peridot

TWX_Salesforce_Connector_ExtensionPackage location

I'm attempting to connect to SalesForce through ThingWorx 8.0.0-b11 but I'm having trouble finding the TWX_Salesforce_Connector_ExtensionPackage that is described in this support document:  ThingWorx Converge Help Center.  I have Utilities installed but I've been unable to locate anything related to a SalesForce connector or another extension that I can install.  Additionally, the document mentions a dependency on another extension that aids in Authentication.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:nmilleson)

Confirmed, the documentation for ThingWorx 7.x needs to be updated to match. The extension is no longer available.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
posipova
20-Turquoise

There is a support ticket opened on the same issue/question. I will update this thread once we get a definite answer. Seems like this might be a non-existent extension used as an example but the documentation is worded poorly to reflect that.

There is also reference to a SalesForce resource in the Utilities Installation Guide regarding updating utilities.  I cannot find any of these resources within the Composer environment either:

• Salesforce ○ PTC.Resource.CRM.SalesforceAccountResourceProvider, TWUTL: ResourceProvider ○ PTC.Resource.CRM.SalesforceAccountDataShape, TWUTL: ResourceProvider ○ PTC.Resource.CRM.SalesforceContactResourceProvider, TWUTL: ResourceProvider ○ PTC.Resource.CRM.SalesforceContactDataShape, TWUTL: ResourceProvider

Found here: http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/172616/en/ThingWorxUtilitiesInstall.pdf on Page 25

posipova
20-Turquoise

I just reached out to the Utilities product owner to get some clarification on this.

I recall we did have a marketplace salesforce integration extension at some point in the past but stopped supporting it.

posipova
20-Turquoise

Confirmed, the documentation for ThingWorx 7.x needs to be updated to match. The extension is no longer available.

Thanks for looking into that.  I'll explore using the ContentLoaderFunctions instead.

Since the connector is no longer available I went through the REST API of Salesforce and wrote up a step-by-step that takes care of authenticating, adding records, retrieving records, and updating records.  If anybody else is struggling with connecting, they can find that guide here:

Connecting to Salesforce with ThingWorx - EAC Product Development Solutions

posipova
20-Turquoise

This is great! Thank you.

Top Tags