cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Test custom widget

lala_guliyeva
10-Marble

Test custom widget

Hello everyone!

I want to write my own custom widget for mashups (rewrite one of the existing ones). I installed Eclipse and the Thingworx extension for it, created a project and added a new widget there. I have not changed anything and there is a standard widget template. How do I launch this widget? That is, check it visually, connect some data to it, see how it behaves in runtime?
What do I need to do for this? Download the Thingworx locally and import the build of my new widget into it? Or are there any other ways?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

Hello lala_guliyeva,

As far as I am aware you will need to build and export your Widget. You can then import it into ThingWorx for runtime testing. There is no runtime environment in Eclipse for ThingWorx Widgets.

vxba
7-Bedrock
(To:tmisner)

I have the same issue, it takes a lot of time to test and debug a new widget or extension.

I think PTC should provide an environment that can help develop a widget easier.

tmisner
16-Pearl
(To:vxba)

Hello vxba,

Thank you for the feedback on this. I believe this would be a useful feature for a lot of customers as well. This is definitely something to direct over the the ThingWorx Product Ideas board. Please visit here and post your idea.

Top Tags