cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Text Area widget does not display

Willie
16-Pearl

Text Area widget does not display

Text Area widget (BETA) does not display when the mashup is viewed.  I am on thingworx 8.4.5.  Did I miss something in the widget configuration?  

Thingworx - 2019-12-16 - text area widget properties.PNG

8 REPLIES 8

Did you notice any errors in the console when you view the Mashup? What happens when you reload the Mashup page? Here is a thing you  can try:

1. Navigate to Subsystems
  2. Find the PlatformSubsystem under it.
  3. Go to the configuration tab under the PlatfromSubsystem
  4. Check the option that says Enable Beta Mashup Features.
  5. Save the PlatforSubsystem and see if this helps.

Please try this out and see if you can view the Text Area widget now.

I didn't notice any errors.  When I reload the mashup, nothing happens.  The area where the text area widget should be is blank.

I just enabled Beta Mashup option in the PlatformSubsystem, saved, and restarted the PlatformSubsystem, but I still don't see the text area widget.

It is working now after deleting the widget and binding a new text area widget, but i don't see any borders.  I'm not sure if you noticed in the screenshot but I don't have any styles in my widget properties.

Radu
15-Moonstone
(To:Willie)

Text Area is responsive, therefore it fills up the entire container it's placed into. What kind of style would you want to apply to a text area?

Willie
16-Pearl
(To:Radu)

Please see the attached.  I don't need for it to fill the entire space.  I just need to be able to see the borders so that the users know that there is a text area.  There is a text area next to "Notes:" but it looks like there is nothing there since the borders are not visible.

Thingworx- 2019-12-17 - Text Area with no borders.PNG

Radu
15-Moonstone
(To:Willie)

I see that the text area is enclosed by some borders for me, at least. See this screenshot below:

Radu_0-1576659624888.png

One more thing you could try is add a text such as "Please enter text here" in the Hint Text property of the Text Area widget. This would display a hint text on the mash up when the page is loaded making the user know that there is a text area field. Try this out and see if that helps.

That kind of helps but it's still not the solution I'm looking for.  Is this a known bug for this widget?  Not sure why it works for some people and not for others.

I tried adding "hint text" but it doesn't look right.

Thingworx - 2019-12-20 - Text area with no borders.PNG

Top Tags