cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

The script log is out of order

seanccc
17-Peridot

The script log is out of order

Hi, 

I'm using ThingWorx 8.5.5,  the sequence of the logs that output via logger.debug in the script log is different with the execution code ,  it's inconvenient to read the log .   I don't see the problem  in ThingWorx 8.4. 

Is there any setting about the log sequence ? 

Regards,

Sean

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
wposner-2
12-Amethyst
(To:seanccc)

It's been this way for as long as TWX has been available.  It does it for all logs at all levels.  If you want to see the logs in sequential order, open the log file directly from disk in the ThingworxStorage/logs folder.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I don't think there is such a field to configure the log order, everyone wants to record it the same order as it happens.  Maybe the logs are created in a very short time range, and the write-in sequence get distorded when writing into the log file? 

To which level the log is disordered?   Same script/ concurrent scripts/ different script running 100ms away?  

seanccc
17-Peridot
(To:zyuan1)

@zyuan1 ,

the log level is debug.  I didn't notice if the other levels are also disordered.   

yes, the logs are created in a very short time range (less than 10 ms), but in ThingWorx 8.4 I don't see the problem , maybe logger.debug become async service in 8.5.5 ? 

Regards,

Sean

If that's your concern and keeps bothering you , you may create a case and let TS create ticket for you.

While since the fix will only appear in new version, we need to confirm this happens in latest 8.5.x version.

wposner-2
12-Amethyst

It's been this way for as long as TWX has been available.  It does it for all logs at all levels.  If you want to see the logs in sequential order, open the log file directly from disk in the ThingworxStorage/logs folder.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @seanccc.

If you feel your question has been answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Announcements

Top Tags