cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Thing Template Mashups as Home Mashups

drieder
15-Moonstone

Thing Template Mashups as Home Mashups

Hello everyone,

so I was wondering how you can use a Thing Template Mashup (or a dynamic Mashup) as the Home Mashup of a Thing. Since the Thing Template Mashup needs the name of the thing passed as a parameter, I wonder how to achieve this?

Ideally I would like to call the "GetHomeMashup" service and have the Mashups parameters be the name of the thing I called the service on. Of course I am open for a custom service which returns the Mashup with the set parameter. 

Any help is appreciated very much.

Best Regards,

Dominik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Dominik,

If I create a ThingTemplate Mashup, and assign it as the Home Mashup for a Thing it will automatically pass the Entity name to the mashup content (I used a label bound to the Entity mashup parameter to test the behavior). I believe what you want to do is how I already used it in the past, so if you can clear your use-case further, I would be happy to help you.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Dominik,

If I create a ThingTemplate Mashup, and assign it as the Home Mashup for a Thing it will automatically pass the Entity name to the mashup content (I used a label bound to the Entity mashup parameter to test the behavior). I believe what you want to do is how I already used it in the past, so if you can clear your use-case further, I would be happy to help you.

Thanks,

drieder
15-Moonstone
(To:VladimirRosu)

Hello @VladimirRosu,

thank you very much for your reply. Setting the ThingTemplateMashup as HomeMashup for a Thing did the trick.

I had multiple Things with different Thing Templates that implemented the same Thing Shape. I wanted to display their Template Mashups in a Contained Mashup Widget once one of the things gets selected from a List.

By setting the TemplateMashup as HomeMashup, I was able to achieve this.

Best Regards,

Dominik

Top Tags