cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Thing created using "DataMicroserver" thingworx analytic template is showing as disconnected

cgoma
12-Amethyst

Thing created using "DataMicroserver" thingworx analytic template is showing as disconnected

I have created a thing with base template as "DataMicroserver". I have created some services which using services defined in "DataMicroserver" template. The thing which I had created is showing as "Disconnected" in thingworx. Also I had check the value of "isConnected" property is also showing as "False". When I am running service using postman, getting response as "Thing is not connected"thing_disconnected_error.PNGthing_disconnected.PNG 

Please let me know if you have any idea about this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nsampat
17-Peridot
(To:cgoma)

@cgoma ,

When ThingWorx Analytics Server (TWA) establishes a connection to ThingWorx Platform Server (TWX), it uploads 9-10 Things, which are used to communicate with TWA. There is no need to recreate the Things using the ThingTemplates, as they already exist for application use.

To use TWA on a service level, instead of the Extension Mashup, you need to use these services directly.

Here is a screenshot of the Things you can access:

TWA_things.PNG

The names may differ slightly for you, but the general format is <twa_server_name>-AnalyticsServer-<service>Thing

We do not have any tutorials on how to use these Things, as we encourage our users to use the Extension Mashup for their work.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Neel

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
nsampat
17-Peridot

@cgoma ,

Thank you for posting to the PTC Community.

Just for clarification purposes, can you provide what you are trying to accomplish here?

Also, what version of ThingWorx Platform Server and ThingWorx Analytics Server are you using?

The Datamicroserver template exists as part of a deployment of ThingWorx Analytics Server, this is automatically created by TWA when it starts. There is no need to configure anything, and should not be used to create a new Thing.

Do you have a ThingWorx Analytics Server connected to your ThingWorx Platform Server?

Regards,

Neel

cgoma
12-Amethyst
(To:nsampat)

Hi Neel,

Thanks for your reply.

I am trying to use the services defined in this template.

If I am not suppose to use these template then please let me know how I can use the services defined for these templates. I read some where in the thingworx documentation that in order to use the services defined in these templates, the templates must be implemented as Things within the thingworx platform.

Please let me know if I am somthing missing here.

We are using version 8.4 for both thingworx platform and analytics server.

The thingWorx Analytics Server is connected to ThingWorx Platform Server .

nsampat
17-Peridot

@cgoma ,

When ThingWorx Analytics Server (TWA) establishes a connection to ThingWorx Platform Server (TWX), it uploads 9-10 Things, which are used to communicate with TWA. There is no need to recreate the Things using the ThingTemplates, as they already exist for application use.

To use TWA on a service level, instead of the Extension Mashup, you need to use these services directly.

Here is a screenshot of the Things you can access:

TWA_things.PNG

The names may differ slightly for you, but the general format is <twa_server_name>-AnalyticsServer-<service>Thing

We do not have any tutorials on how to use these Things, as we encourage our users to use the Extension Mashup for their work.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Neel

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:nsampat)

Hi @cgoma.

If the response provided by @nsampat answered your questions, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.  If you still have questions, please let us know.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags