cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Thing property values became empty and quality is showing unknown.

Abhiram
8-Gravel

Thing property values became empty and quality is showing unknown.

Thing properties became empty when I'm checking property vtq, it's showing unknown.

These properties are updating from last two weeks but from yesterday it's showing empty values.

Why values are getting empty and why the property quality is unknown?

On what basis property quality is calculated? Did anyone faced this issue? 

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks,

Abhiram Kuncham

10 REPLIES 10
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:Abhiram)

Did the Thing become disconnected or did you change the model and the values become null?

Thank you for your response PaiChung.

No, thing is having properties which inherit from thingshape and some of those properties are binded to remote thing. Properties which are binded are having proper values remaining property values became empty.

Model and all remains same, nothing was changed.

when I check property vtq, quality of some properties are showing UNKNOWN.

What is this unknown means and how the quality is checked.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Usually Unknown means the value is null, not received/outdated, or never set.

okay, any idea how existing values become null and are there any scenarios will cause this issue?

raghunayak
6-Contributor

is the property you are looking at (which became null) Persisted ? if they dont have their aspect set as persisted then it will become null or initialized to their base data type when Thing restarts. Check those property definition on your thingshape and see if that solves your problem

Thank you for the reply Raghu!!

All properties are persisted.

raghunayak
6-Contributor

okay. From your response it wasn't clear if the issue still exists or it got resolved after you changed to persisted ? can you confirm that ?

All properties were persisted before only, I don't think persisting properties was the issue.

Thanks,

Abhiram

raghunayak
6-Contributor

okay, these were non bound properties correct ? I will have to check that as I have never faced this issue before! is this TWX 8.3 ?

It's in Thingworx 7.2.11 b17.

Some properties are bound to remote thing some are generic properties.

Top Tags