cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Thing property values became empty and quality is showing unknown.

Abhiram
8-Gravel

Thing property values became empty and quality is showing unknown.

Thing properties became empty when I'm checking property vtq, it's showing unknown.

These properties are updating from last two weeks but from yesterday it's showing empty values.

Why values are getting empty and why the property quality is unknown?

On what basis property quality is calculated? Did anyone faced this issue? 

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks,

Abhiram Kuncham

11 REPLIES 11
gnandyala
13-Aquamarine
(To:Abhiram)

Hi Abhiram,

Where are you getting the property values from?

The VTQ will not return anything because as you said there is no value a time and quality cannot be assigned to it.

some property values are given by the user through UI and some properties are binded to remote thing so those properties will get values from the devices.

These properties are showing empty values in Thingworx, but when I query postgres, the properties itself is not there. Any idea what is happening and why values become null. 

gnandyala
13-Aquamarine

Abhiram,

Is this the case with all the Things? or any one thing in particular?

What happens if you are setting the property value manually now?

Can you try setting manually and look for any error in application log after saving it.

Thank you.

mgoel
17-Peridot
(To:gnandyala)

@Abhiram

Hope you are doing good. Could you please confirm if you query has been resolve?

If yes request you to post the solution for this question for the benefit of other community users. Or if @gnandyala answer was helpful please mark it accept as solution.

Regards-Mohit

Abhiram
8-Gravel
(To:mgoel)

The issue is not resolved, I noticed that thing is having all properties with null values in thingworx composer but when I query the Postgres directly for the thing properties it was showing only some properties. Issue looks too weird.

vxavier
13-Aquamarine

Are you using Kepware to connect with the remote thing?

The properties, are they persistent? 

Thank you for the reply.

No, it's third party devices which are sending data to remote things and all properties are persistent.

gnandyala
13-Aquamarine

So how is the data coming from third party devices? Are you using EMS?

If you are using App key for sending data can you confirm the Expiry date.

Yes, we are using EMS and Appkey's expiry date is fine.

vxavier
13-Aquamarine

The property isConnected of the remote thing is true? 

The issue is particular to two things, i already set the properties manually for one thing and it's persisting the values and it didn't through any errors, for the other thing I haven't set any values I'm just monitoring and it's in same state.

Top Tags