cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Thing shape subscription on data change omits properties

eengelbrecht
11-Garnet

Thing shape subscription on data change omits properties

Good day,

I have noticed an issue in new composer with regards to data change subscriptions on a thing shape. It seems that when I create a data change subscription on the thing shape, I am unable to select any of the properties that I have created on the data shape as the required property that triggers the subscription. Below is an image of my created properties followed by an image of the subscription setup. 

Here are my properties that I created on the thing shapeHere are my properties that I created on the thing shapeThe thing shape properties seem to be omitted from the "Choose Property" drop down listThe thing shape properties seem to be omitted from the "Choose Property" drop down list

I have made sure to save the properties before trying to create the subscription.

I am able to create data change subscriptions on properties that I have created on the thing shape in the classic composer. Please see images below.Created properties on the thing shape in classic composerCreated properties on the thing shape in classic composerCreated properties are seen on the required property drop down listCreated properties are seen on the required property drop down list

The example above was done in ThingWorx version 8.3.2 but I have also found the same issue in version 8.0

Has anyone experienced something similar?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:posipova)

I do see this happening. I also noticed if I start creating a subscription but then cancel without actually creating it, i get an error "property is required". Could you please confirm you are seeing this too? 

EDIT: both issues appear to be fixed in 8.3.3,  per defect/jira TW-42100.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I will try to reproduce this on mmy local set up and update you with the results.

posipova
20-Turquoise

I do see this happening. I also noticed if I start creating a subscription but then cancel without actually creating it, i get an error "property is required". Could you please confirm you are seeing this too? 

EDIT: both issues appear to be fixed in 8.3.3,  per defect/jira TW-42100.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @eengelbrecht.

If the response provided by @posipova helped to solve your problem, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags