cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

ThingWorx 5 Import

sbeckers
1-Newbie

ThingWorx 5 Import

Hi,

Glad to hear about the release of ThingWorx 5! I have installed it on my PC, but now I'm having an issue with the import of entities from a ThingWorx 4.2.0.15 installation. When I try to import entities, I get the error:

<br>

Unable to process import: Validation Failure: ThingTemplate InstrumentTemplate Had An Invalid Parent Thing Template :

<br>

In the logs, I see that the error is triggered by:

Cannot Create System Objects : Ignoring Imported Object ThingTemplate

<br>

So it appears that 'Edge' is a System-Object ThingTemplate in 4.2, and System Objects aren't imported. But there is no ThingTemplate called 'Edge' in TW 5, is that possible? Is there a way to fix this?

Regards,

Stefan

I uploaded the application log, at /ApplicationLog - Copy.log

4 REPLIES 4
paic
1-Newbie
(To:sbeckers)

It looks like you need to first install the Always On extension which comprises of the old XMPP Edge Microserver functionality.

sbeckers
1-Newbie
(To:paic)

Thanks, I installed it. Now I get the error: 

Unable to process import: An Invalid Event was referenced in a subscription in ThingTemplate ConsoleTemplate

ConsoleTemplate's BaseThingTemplate is EdgeEnhanced. I've checked and the EdgeEnhanced ThingTemplate on the TW 5 server has the FileTransferAudit event defined, so I don't know where that error comes from.

adam11
5-Regular Member
(To:sbeckers)

Hi Stefan,

I was able to reproduce this issue and I've logged it to our issue tracker. I'll keep you posted with updates on a fix or possible workaround.

Thanks,

Adam

Ok, thanks!

Top Tags