cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Thingwork with MySql

FireNoodles
3-Visitor

Thingwork with MySql

Hi 

I'm very new to working with Vuforia and ThingWorx so I have a few questions.

What I'm trying to do is to get some data from Vuforia Studio and then save it to a MySql database, based on my research I understand that this is possible using ThingWorx but I haven't been able to find documentation on how to achieve this... If anyone could explain to me what steps do I need to follow or direct me to a tutorial for me to follow it would be awesome.

Thank you :)

1 REPLY 1

This question is more about Vuforia products and it's probably better to create a thread under Studio Community to have more response.

Anyway, when you want to insert a record into your RDBMS, you need to call a Service of a Thing on ThingWorx server.

Vuforia can use records on RDBMS through ThingWorx server.

To be more specific, when you open a Project in Vuforia Studio, there's EXTERNAL DATA in the right-hand side panel.

By clicking on the plus icon next to EXTERNAL DATA, you can pick a Thing on ThingWorx and then you can select a service with which you want to insert a record/records into the database.

If your Thing has a property with Logged set to true, you can use SetPropertyValues() service to insert your value into Value Stream, a table in the RDBMS.

Or you can use a Thing with datatable or database Thing Template instead of Thing with ValueStream.

Top Tags