cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Thingwork with MySql

FireNoodles
3-Visitor

Thingwork with MySql

Hi 

I'm very new to working with Vuforia and ThingWorx so I have a few questions.

What I'm trying to do is to get some data from Vuforia Studio and then save it to a MySql database, based on my research I understand that this is possible using ThingWorx but I haven't been able to find documentation on how to achieve this... If anyone could explain to me what steps do I need to follow or direct me to a tutorial for me to follow it would be awesome.

Thank you :)

1 REPLY 1

This question is more about Vuforia products and it's probably better to create a thread under Studio Community to have more response.

Anyway, when you want to insert a record into your RDBMS, you need to call a Service of a Thing on ThingWorx server.

Vuforia can use records on RDBMS through ThingWorx server.

To be more specific, when you open a Project in Vuforia Studio, there's EXTERNAL DATA in the right-hand side panel.

By clicking on the plus icon next to EXTERNAL DATA, you can pick a Thing on ThingWorx and then you can select a service with which you want to insert a record/records into the database.

If your Thing has a property with Logged set to true, you can use SetPropertyValues() service to insert your value into Value Stream, a table in the RDBMS.

Or you can use a Thing with datatable or database Thing Template instead of Thing with ValueStream.

Top Tags