cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Thingworks Composer warning information

amittal-3
13-Aquamarine

Thingworks Composer warning information

Hello,

I am starting to get couple of warnings in Application log of Thingworx composer. And I would like to understand the implications and reasons for those warnings. I have a functionality where about 20 entities (10 Things and 10 ValueStreams) are created when I create a thing with my custom template as base template.

The warnings I am getting are:

1) "----> Security context stack is growing large : current size = [depth: 22]" 

Another warning is:

2) "Thingworx System Metrics_----------------------------------------------------------------------------_AlertProcessingSubsystem#,         maximumQueueSize= 50000.0, queueSize= 0.0, totalAlertsQueued= 0.0, thingWatcherTrainingService= 1.0, thingWatcherResultService= 1.0, enabledAnomalyAlert= 0.0, disabledAnomalyAlert= 0.0, thingsWithEnabledAnomalyAlert= 0.0, thingsWithDisabledAnomalyAlert= 0.0, anomalyAlertsInLastDay= 0.0, _EventProcessingSubsystem#,         corePoolSize= 16.0, maxPoolSize= 500.0, curentPoolSize= 16.0, activeThreads= 0.0, queueSize= 0.0, largestPoolSize= 16.0, submitedTaskCount= 4318.0, completedTaskCount= 4318.0, _FederationSubsystem#,              clientCount= 0.0, publishedCount= 0.0, updateInterval= 100.0, _FileTransferSubsystem#,            corePoolSize= 10.0, maxPoolSize= 10.0, curentPoolSize= 0.0, activeThreads= 0.0, queueSize= 0.0, largestPoolSize= 0.0, submitedTaskCount= 0.0, completedTaskCount= 0.0, _IntegrationSubsystem#,             numberOfConnectors= 0.0, requestCount= 0.0, _LicensingSubsystem#,               twx_composer= 36.0, twx_mashup_builder= 104.0, twx_named_user= 2.0, twx_things= 57.0, twx_utilities= 0.0, twx_utilities_scm_packages= 0.0, twx_utilities_workflows= 0.0, Mar 2018 license usage stats for (CHECK_IN,CHECK_OUT)= 31.0, DaysRemaining= 106.0, _MessageStoreSubsystem#,            corePoolSize= 10.0, maxPoolSize= 100.0, curentPoolSize= 0.0, activeThreads= 0.0, queueSize= 0.0, largestPoolSize= 0.0, submitedTaskCount= 0.0, completedTaskCount= 0.0, _PlatformSubsystem#,                eventQueueSize= 0.0, streamQueueSize-ThingworxPersistenceProvider= 0.0, valueStreamQueueSize-ThingworxPersistenceProvider= 0.0, memoryInUse= 9.25028456E8, totalMemoryAllocated= 1.073741824E9, thingCount= 180.0, _StreamProcessingSubsystem#,        maximumWaitTime= 10000.0, sizeThreshold= 1000.0, maximumBlockSize= 2500.0, scanRate= 5.0, maximumQueueSize= 250000.0, queueSize= 0.0, totalWritesQueued= 0.0, totalWritesPerformed= 0.0, numberOfProcessingThreads= 5.0, _TunnelSubsystem#,                  activeTunnelCount= 0.0, totalTunnelCount= 0.0, _UserManagementSubsystem#,          userCount= 4.0, _ValueStreamProcessingSubsystem#,   maximumWaitTime= 10000.0, sizeThreshold= 1000.0, maximumBlockSize= 2500.0, scanRate= 5.0, maximumQueueSize= 250000.0, queueSize= 0.0, totalWritesQueued= 1708.0, totalWritesPerformed= 1708.0, numberOfProcessingThreads= 5.0, _WSCommunicationsSubsystem#,        activeWebsockets= 1.0, _WSExecutionProcessingSubsystem#,   corePoolSize= 1000.0, maxPoolSize= 10000.0, curentPoolSize= 1000.0, activeThreads= 0.0, queueSize= 0.0, largestPoolSize= 1000.0, submitedTaskCount= 24430.0, completedTaskCount= 24430.0, _ThingworxServer#,                  systemRuntime= 6 hours,  memoryInUse = 0.925 GB,  totalMemoryAllocated= 1.074 GB,  activeUsers= 1, BoundConnectedThings= 2, UnBoundConnectedThings= 0_----------------------------------------------------------------------------_"

Refer Attachment for these warnings.

I also tried to look through one of the post - 

https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/Security-context-stack-is-growing-large/td-p/513157

But I think that the warning in this context was because of non terminating loop, but I don't think same is the case with me.

Thanks and Regards

Aditya Mittal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AdamR
12-Amethyst
(To:amittal-3)

The first warning is when the application has a high number of embedded or nested service calls.  Basically if there is a service, that calls another service, that does a property update, that has an event subscription, that calls a service.  This would end up with a stack of 5 (service, service, property, event, service).  Typically nothing to worry about unless the depth number continues to grow, which may indicate a loop.

The second is really an informational message, but since the platform default for logging level is "warn" we log that information at that level.  

Thanks,

Adam

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AdamR
12-Amethyst
(To:amittal-3)

The first warning is when the application has a high number of embedded or nested service calls.  Basically if there is a service, that calls another service, that does a property update, that has an event subscription, that calls a service.  This would end up with a stack of 5 (service, service, property, event, service).  Typically nothing to worry about unless the depth number continues to grow, which may indicate a loop.

The second is really an informational message, but since the platform default for logging level is "warn" we log that information at that level.  

Thanks,

Adam

Top Tags