cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Thingworx 8.3 trial installation fails due to SSL Error

ManikandanN
4-Participant

Thingworx 8.3 trial installation fails due to SSL Error

Hello, 

Sorry to create a new thread for this error. I checked the previous threads available for the 8.3 installation fails and it didn't show a solution for my error. I get the following error during installation of ThingWorx Trial 8.3

"Problem running post-install  step. Installation may not complete correctly. Error running.\\check-http-response --username "Administrator" --password **** --hostname "localhost" --hostport "8080" --useSSL=0: 1"

Solution for this would be highly helpful. Thanks in advance.

Attached the log for reference.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello.

Looking through the log provided I wonder if the actual source of error is this:

The JAVA_HOME environment variable is not defined correctly
This environment variable is needed to run this program
NB: JAVA_HOME should point to a JDK not a JRE

You should check the value of that environment variable and be sure it is set correctly.

Thanks,

-- Craig A.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello.

Looking through the log provided I wonder if the actual source of error is this:

The JAVA_HOME environment variable is not defined correctly
This environment variable is needed to run this program
NB: JAVA_HOME should point to a JDK not a JRE

You should check the value of that environment variable and be sure it is set correctly.

Thanks,

-- Craig A.

ManikandanN
4-Participant
(To:CRArko)

Hello Craig,

Thanks for the solution. It solved my issue. I was misled with the installation video which showed that the environment variable should be directed to a JRE.

Top Tags