cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Thingworx Acess

Ziyad
8-Gravel

Thingworx Acess

Hello Everybody

Yesterday I was working on my projects using my personal laptop because I have the free version of 3 months. and then I had some problems of "rest api failure". I didn't found any file in my (Things, datashape,thingshapes....) so I decided to restart my computer and after thingworx started to work again normally.

Today I tried to connect but I have this page and I really don't know what is the problem, the only thing I get is this page.

Ziyad_0-1599488010942.png

Could any one help me please ? I had all my projects on it and it's verry disturbing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ziyad
8-Gravel
(To:zyuan1)

I'm using 8080 port and yes it may be a problem of tomcat also. I restarted my laptop yesterday and now Thingworx is working again hopefully. In my opinion the problem occured because my port has been occupied by another application because ports rests after a reboot in general. but I'm not sure a 100%.

Ziyad_0-1599561941385.png

Thank you for your support guys you're amazing !!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

The URL in the screenshot corresponds to the mashup builder page for the mashup named PTC.SPC.Monitoring_MU. What happens if you navigate to just localhost:8080/Thingworx?

Do you see any error in the ApplicationLog.log file in ThingworxStorage\logs folder?

Ziyad_0-1599508369966.png

Ziyad_1-1599508411134.png

when try to reach the Thingworx home I get This, and when I try to reach only localhost:8080 I get error 404 page not found. I don't have acess to thingworx log application because I can not acess to thingworx

Do you think that I have a problem maybe with the configuration of my port ? Thank you verry much for your answer

Ziyad_2-1599508758772.png

Ziyad_3-1599508793357.png

zyuan1
18-Opal
(To:Ziyad)

Getting a 404 in localhost means Tomcat not working, are you using 8080 or 80 port?

And you can check in Tomcat Catalina log why it's not working.

Ziyad
8-Gravel
(To:zyuan1)

I'm using 8080 port and yes it may be a problem of tomcat also. I restarted my laptop yesterday and now Thingworx is working again hopefully. In my opinion the problem occured because my port has been occupied by another application because ports rests after a reboot in general. but I'm not sure a 100%.

Ziyad_0-1599561941385.png

Thank you for your support guys you're amazing !!

If you suspect something else may be using 8080, then you can find the task as below

netstat -ano |find ":8080"

Get PID(it is 4584 in your screenshot) and run below command

tasklist |find "4584"

Thank you for your help, I didn't had the chance to read your message before resolving the problem. I will try for sure this commands if it happends again

Top Tags