cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Thingworx Analytics Predictive Analytics Model Guide

kos90000
2-Guest

Thingworx Analytics Predictive Analytics Model Guide

Hi all,

I started evaluating Thingworx and already added a mqtt thing and a mashup to my hosted trail version. Now I wanted to test the "Build a Predictive Analytics Model" guide, but I can not connect to the analytics server, when I try to select the analyticsServer_Thing in the analytics Gateway field there are no search results, I can also not find any "gateway" thing in my version. How can I solve this problem?

Regards,

Kos

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jwyatt
10-Marble
(To:cmorfin)

Greetings,

Yes, the Developer Portal 30-day hosted trial includes both ThingWorx Foundation and ThingWorx Analytics.

Typically, the hosted Analytics server not connecting to the hosted Foundation server is caused by one of three issues:

1) Configuration Service hasn't been run

2) Session Variables haven't been added

3) The Application Key expiration-date hasn't been extended

These topics are covered on this page of the guide:

https://developer.thingworx.com/resources/guides/analytics-builder-quickstart/analytics-builder-setup

Please recheck each of these items.

In particular, you may wish to explicitly delete the TW_ML_Session_Variables (if it is pre-existing), Save, re-add TW_ML_Session_Variables, and then Save again.

If none of these steps allow Analytics to connect to Foundation, please let us know.

In addition, you may wish to try the 120-day, self-hosted Analytics Trial Edition (ATE) found here:

https://developer.thingworx.com/resources/downloads/analytics-trial-edition

ATE spins up both TWX Foundation and Analytics in Docker VMs on your local PC. If the above steps don't work, then you should be able to explore your requested Analytics Builder guide via ATE while we troubleshoot the hosted server.

Thank you,

Jason

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:kos90000)

Hi

Can you confirm if you have installed an ThingWorx Analytics Server ?

If yes, what version is it, and what version of ThingWorx platform are you using ?

Do you see an AnalyticsServer_Thing in Composer ?

if yes, go in properties , what is the value for isConnected ?

Thanks

Christophe

Hi Christophe,

Sorry for my late reply. I don't know if the analytics version is really installed, but the thingworx developer page says "The hosted trial includes Foundation, Utilities and Analytics so you can explore the platform capabilities for 30 days using our Guides. " The version of Thingworx is 8.2. No I can't find a AnalyticsServer_Thing in the composer.

Best regards

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi

I am checking with the hosting team as you should see the AnalyticsServer things, so there is possibly something wrong on your instance.

Kind regards

Christophe

jwyatt
10-Marble
(To:cmorfin)

Greetings,

Yes, the Developer Portal 30-day hosted trial includes both ThingWorx Foundation and ThingWorx Analytics.

Typically, the hosted Analytics server not connecting to the hosted Foundation server is caused by one of three issues:

1) Configuration Service hasn't been run

2) Session Variables haven't been added

3) The Application Key expiration-date hasn't been extended

These topics are covered on this page of the guide:

https://developer.thingworx.com/resources/guides/analytics-builder-quickstart/analytics-builder-setup

Please recheck each of these items.

In particular, you may wish to explicitly delete the TW_ML_Session_Variables (if it is pre-existing), Save, re-add TW_ML_Session_Variables, and then Save again.

If none of these steps allow Analytics to connect to Foundation, please let us know.

In addition, you may wish to try the 120-day, self-hosted Analytics Trial Edition (ATE) found here:

https://developer.thingworx.com/resources/downloads/analytics-trial-edition

ATE spins up both TWX Foundation and Analytics in Docker VMs on your local PC. If the above steps don't work, then you should be able to explore your requested Analytics Builder guide via ATE while we troubleshoot the hosted server.

Thank you,

Jason

jebeck
6-Contributor

Kos,

Sorry for the issues that you are experiencing.  There should definitely be a Thing called "AnalyticsServer_Thing" (see attached screenshot).  If you do not see this, the easiest thing to do is to have you export your work and we will provision you a new server.  Please reach out to the Developer Portal team (TWX-DevZoneHelp@ptc.com) and we can coordinate directly.

Top Tags