cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Thingworx Analytics Server no connection to Foundation - Thingworx Trial Version

NiklasF
7-Bedrock

Thingworx Analytics Server no connection to Foundation - Thingworx Trial Version

Hello,

i´m trying for the last two days to get ThingWorx  Analytics working and communicate with ThingWorx foundation.

I can not find the Analytics Things, which will be created with the installation in   the Composer.

I checked the installation files and  most likely the problem is caused by a problem with the Docker containers.

Please check my installation log files . I would appreciate your help very much.

Thank you 

- OS Windows 10 Pro

- Docker  for Windows  - Running Linux Containers, 8gb memory

- Local ThingWorx Trial Edition Installation  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mgoel
17-Peridot
(To:NiklasF)

@NiklasF

Hi, This thread is duplicate of below mentioned thread.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/ThingWorx-Trial-Edition-Analytics-Server-Things-missing/td-p/552265/page/2 

Request you to close this thread by accept as solution button so that we can communicate effectively on the other Thread.

Regards-Mohit

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
mgoel
17-Peridot

@NiklasF Thank you for opening this thread on community.

Can you please answer the below

1) Which version of ThingWorx trail edition you are using.

2) For windows 10 we should have native docker, Please make sure you are using the same not docker toolbox.

3)After installation did you get successfully installation message or any error? In case of error please send the screen shot.

Meanwhile I am checking the logs. Do let me know in case of any question.

Regards-Mohit

NiklasF
7-Bedrock
(To:mgoel)

Thank  you  Mohit for your reply.

I downloaded the  ThingWorx Trial 8.2 Version  .

Docker Version:  Docker for Windows Version 18.03.1-ce-win65 (17513)

At the end of installation I got no error message.

NiklasF
7-Bedrock

@mgoel  Could you already find out anything what is going wrong here my installation?

Is it possible that i have to do some port settings in advance?

Thank you very much ! Regards Niklas

mgoel
17-Peridot

@NiklasF

Could you please attached the logs again i am not able to open previous file, meanwhile you can check the below.

Generally we get this error due to below causes:

1) By default TTE Install ThingWorx foundation on port 8080. If this port is in use then 9000 is selected.

2) By default data Microservices use port 9000, if this port is not available TTE does not complete installation.

Try below steps to check the port to allocate TTE on 8080:

1) Open command prompt in Administrator mode.

2) Navigate to a folder where you can store text files.

3) In the cmd write Netstat -abo > netstat.txt

4) Open your netstat.txt and search for port 8080. Once the application is located, terminate it and, if possible,           reconfigure it to use a different port.

5)  Reinstall TTE.

Do let me know in case of any question.

NiklasF
7-Bedrock

@mgoel  thanks your reply.

I checked the port 8080 but i could not find any programm using this port.

I will send you my log.files from the last installation try (today 29.05.) 

I will provide also the netstat file cleared .

Thank you and have   a nice day!

mgoel
17-Peridot

@NiklasF

Can you check one thing, Go to docker settings and check drive permission and do checked all the drives listed there. Then try to install again.

Regards-Mohit

NiklasF
7-Bedrock

@mgoel  Unfortunately i am not sure about the status  of docker while i have installed  TTE yesterday but normaly i do   this setting.

But i  am sure that i  have this setting since i started my last installation try just with  "TW-Analytics-Trial-Edition-8-2" 

The installation run without any error message  but I am not able to see the Analytics things which are created with the Installation in Composer or in ThingWorx Analytics Server Configuration  i  can not find "AnalyticsServerThing"

Please check my snaps  therefore.

I hope i am providing you here relevant information to solve this problem.

Nevertheless   i am very thankful for your support .  Best regards  Niklas!

mgoel
17-Peridot

@NiklasF

Hi, This thread is duplicate of below mentioned thread.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/ThingWorx-Trial-Edition-Analytics-Server-Things-missing/td-p/552265/page/2 

Request you to close this thread by accept as solution button so that we can communicate effectively on the other Thread.

Regards-Mohit

Top Tags