cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Thingworx Datashape

Pallavi
6-Contributor

Thingworx Datashape

Hi Team,

I have added a new field in datashape.

IN Mashup design, from "Configure grid column" property of grid , I have not checked any of the checkbox for "Exclude" and "Show" option.

Then on runtime when I right click on grid header the, it is not showing the grid headers list.

Expected: ON right click on grid headers it should shoe the grid headers name with checkboxes so user can manually check the box and see the data 

Please help!

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
VVM_4
4-Participant
(To:Pallavi)

Hi @Pallavi ,

If I understand what's happening correctly, since you have not selected the "show" checkbox for any of the columns, then you may not be seeing a header altogether. Can you confirm if this is the behavior you are seeing?

If that's the case then you also do not see any data in the grid.

This can be construed as a bug wherein the header disappears if no columns are provided. I would suggest to create a support ticket or add an idea for this to be rectified in future releases.

Pallavi
6-Contributor
(To:VVM_4)

Hello @VVM_4 ,

The problem I am facing is, whenever I am going to add a new field name in existing datashape, the right click on grid header is not wokring and when I remove the added field name from datashape the  right click is working.

Regards,

Pallavi Patil

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Pallavi)

Hi @Pallavi.

It sounds like you're using the Advanced Grid.  Which version of ThingWorx are you running?  A new grid widget was introduced in one of the 9.3.x releases that fixes this behavior by adding a Display button that will allow users to select the needed fields.  You will need to select the desired behavior in the ColumnsMenuOptions parameter.

Here is a link to the Help Center that documents the changes that have occurred with the grid widget for each release.  Obviously, updating to the latest release will provide a more comprehensive list of features.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi Pallavi,

If you are adding a field to a data shape after it has already been bound to a grid I am pretty sure you will need to break the connection for all data and rebind.

Thanks,

Travis

Top Tags