cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Thingworx Map Widget - Display only near by Police station in the Map

Ashritha
13-Aquamarine

Thingworx Map Widget - Display only near by Police station in the Map

Hi,

I'm using ThingWorx 8.5. I need to display only near by police station in the google map widget based on the vehicle location. The other places should not be highlighted or named. Is this is possible in ThingWorx ? How can it be achieved?

Thank you

Ashritha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Ashritha ,

I was looking at another question which involved Google Map API. I agree that the answer I provided was not helpful. I believe that you need to find a Google Map API Style definition which only shows the items you want on your map. 

To help in demonstrating my solution I took the "NightMap" style which is described on the Google Map API site. https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/examples/style-array

To use this information will require you to create a custom version of the Google Widget. You will need to update 2 files, googlemap.ide.js and googlemap.runtime.js.

In the googlemap.ide.js you will find the below code. I have added the last value line which adds "NightMode".

'MapSkin': {
     'isBindingTarget': false,
     'description' : 'A few options on the look of the map',
     'baseType': 'STRING',
     'defaultValue': 'normal',
     'selectOptions': [
        { value: 'normal', text: 'Normal' },
        { value: 'blue', text: 'Blue' },
        { value: 'gray', text: 'Gray' },
        { value: 'nitemode', text: 'NiteMode' }
     ]
},

In the googlemap.runtime.js you will find the below code.

switch( thisWidget.getProperty('MapSkin','normal') ) {
    case 'normal':
        break;
    case 'blue':
        options['styles'] = [{"featureType":"water","elementType": <code removed> ];
        break;
    case 'gray':
	options['styles'] = [{"featureType":"landscape","stylers": <code removed> }]}];
        break;
    case 'nitemode':
        options['styles'] = [{elementType: 'geometry', stylers: <code removed> ]}];
	break;
}

I have added a case using the information from Google Map API page. I added the case for 'nightmode'. For the purpose of this posting I have removed some of the code to make it readable.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Peter

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

@Ashritha, Have you posted this question on the Google Maps API  forum? I did a quick google.com search and found, "Start Styling your Map", https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/styling

This seems to be the type of information which you will need to provide to the google map API. 

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Ashritha)

Hi @Ashritha.

If the response from @PEHOWE allowed you to resolve your issue, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @Ashritha.

I have marked the Accepted Solution for this post.  If you disagree that it is the solution, please let me know.

Regards.

--Sharon

Ashritha
13-Aquamarine

No, that is not a solution to my question. I tried but I dint reach to the
solution

Thanks and Regards,
Ashritha

@Ashritha ,

I was looking at another question which involved Google Map API. I agree that the answer I provided was not helpful. I believe that you need to find a Google Map API Style definition which only shows the items you want on your map. 

To help in demonstrating my solution I took the "NightMap" style which is described on the Google Map API site. https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/examples/style-array

To use this information will require you to create a custom version of the Google Widget. You will need to update 2 files, googlemap.ide.js and googlemap.runtime.js.

In the googlemap.ide.js you will find the below code. I have added the last value line which adds "NightMode".

'MapSkin': {
     'isBindingTarget': false,
     'description' : 'A few options on the look of the map',
     'baseType': 'STRING',
     'defaultValue': 'normal',
     'selectOptions': [
        { value: 'normal', text: 'Normal' },
        { value: 'blue', text: 'Blue' },
        { value: 'gray', text: 'Gray' },
        { value: 'nitemode', text: 'NiteMode' }
     ]
},

In the googlemap.runtime.js you will find the below code.

switch( thisWidget.getProperty('MapSkin','normal') ) {
    case 'normal':
        break;
    case 'blue':
        options['styles'] = [{"featureType":"water","elementType": <code removed> ];
        break;
    case 'gray':
	options['styles'] = [{"featureType":"landscape","stylers": <code removed> }]}];
        break;
    case 'nitemode':
        options['styles'] = [{elementType: 'geometry', stylers: <code removed> ]}];
	break;
}

I have added a case using the information from Google Map API page. I added the case for 'nightmode'. For the purpose of this posting I have removed some of the code to make it readable.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Peter

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Ashritha.

If the last post from Peter helped you to find a solution, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Thank you for your participation in our community!

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags