cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Thingworx Platform 8.3 installation issue

rajee
11-Garnet

Thingworx Platform 8.3 installation issue

When I try to setup a server, install thingworx platform using installation guide, I am getting many issues..

1. License file is not generated

2. When I try to access localhost:<portnumber>/Thingworx it is giving me the page not working, 401 error. I have checked the firewall and allowed acess to the port, but the issue is not resolved.

3. When I tried to install trial version, I am facing the same issue.

Installation guide which I followed is:  https://www.ptc.com/support/-/media/9A25882D333E48CFA13D97DD219039D5.pdf?sc_lang=en

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rajee
11-Garnet
(To:mneumann)

hi @mneumann

thank you for the reply. The issue has been resolved, In other document it was mentioned to use password with minimum of 14 characters and it worked.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mneumann
16-Pearl
(To:rajee)

Hi @rajee

you're installing on Windows or Linux?

Most of the points of failure I've seen is either

* incorrect licensefile

* missing the library path in the Tomcat Java options

* missing initial Administrator's password in the platform-settings.json

Is there content in the ThingworxStorage folder created?

Are there any Thingworx / Tomcat logs available?

Cheers,

Michael

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @rajee.

In addition to the suggestions from @mneumann, please validate the system requirements.

Regards.

--Sharon

rajee
11-Garnet
(To:slangley)

hi @slangley

I have checked all the system requirements, selected the server system with those features.

rajee
11-Garnet

Hi @mneumann

The problem for me is, when I added thingworx.war to webapps folder, license file is not generated.

I have given the tomcat java path, administrator password.

Though I have given password with 10 characters minimum, It is shown as error.

mneumann
16-Pearl
(To:rajee)

In the SecurityLog it says

Check the InitialPassword setting in the AdministratorUserSettings section in platform-settings.json. Password must be a minimum of 10 characters

Please ensure you have the path to the ThingworxPlatform folder set correctly.

If it's not C:\ThingworxPlatform you will need to specify it through an Environment Variable: THINGWORX_PLATFORM_SETTINGS

The password should be 10 characters minimum - when in doubt I use the (non-) super secure 1234567890 - in newer versions the restrictions are even more tight, so might have 10 chars minimum with numbers and upper / lower case characters, e.g. Password12345

As it should be an initial password it's OK - just be sure to change it directly after installation.

Maybe there's a typo in the platform-settings.json

Check or copy & paste platform-settings.json template

rajee
11-Garnet

hi @mneumann

thank you for the reply. The issue has been resolved, In other document it was mentioned to use password with minimum of 14 characters and it worked.

Top Tags