cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Thingworx URL 404 Error

ppierce
4-Participant

Thingworx URL 404 Error

Hi,

This issue is really testing me right now.
Yesterday I had this issue, couldn't get ThingWorx to launch - url returned "HTTP Error 404. The requested resource is not found."

Through a combination of restarts and clearing the cache I got it working, did my configuration in Thingworx, got data moving into my mashup etc...
Then I installed the Experience Service, still everything in thingworx was working - I was able to connect from local and remote (external IP).

Today - nothing was working, Tomcat was shutting down automatically. Moved the "-Djava.library.path=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 9.0\webapps" to Windows Environmental Settings. Tomcat then started and stayed running. I still get Error 404 on the http://Localhost:80/Thingworx/  (yes, I used port:80 on the tomcat install).

I've attached the Thingworx Platform logs, Tomcat Logs & Platform-Settings.json.

This is all hosted on my own Azure VM, Windows Server 2016.

Any help would be hugely appreciated...

Thanks Paul.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @ppierce.

While continuing to review your logs, I also found this:

Address already in use: bind

Looks like you have a port conflict.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:ppierce)

Hi @ppierce.

It looks like there may be an issue with your license file.  Was it recently updated?  Please provide it under private email so it can be analyzed.  Please provide your ThingWorx version as well.

Also, I'm not seeing any errors around this, but please make sure the java library path is complete as in this example:

-Djava.library.path=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 9.0\webapps\Thingworx\WEB-INF\extensions

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @ppierce.

While continuing to review your logs, I also found this:

Address already in use: bind

Looks like you have a port conflict.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @ppierce.

If you click the link to my userID, you should find an option to email me directly.

Regards.

--Sharon

ppierce
4-Participant

Hi Sharon, 

thanks. Yes the Djava path is "C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 9.0\webapps\Thingworx\WEB-INF\extensions" i made a typo in my original post.

I'm using Thingworx 8.4, it's a new install.

@slangley Where do I email the license file to?

Thanks,

Paul.

Top Tags