cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Thingworx custom HTTP integration connector code example

Siddharth_Jhs
14-Alexandrite

Thingworx custom HTTP integration connector code example

Hi Team,

I am new to REST API integration with Thingworx. I was exploring Integration connector topic in which it mentions to create custom HTTP integration connector. I was wondering  if I can use this HTTP connector to integrate any REST api which is available as open source for testing (for eg any weather api ) ? 

Also, can I get any example to create HTTP Integration connector. Thanks in advance.

Kindly assist.

Regards,

Sid

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Siddharth_Jhs 

Check this link for Custom HTTP Connector creation - Creating a Custom Integration Connector (ptc.com)

Yes, you can integrate any REST API using Thingworx HTTP Connector. But you have to create a Swagger structure for the API endpoint list. You can refer to this link for Swagger Structure - Basic Structure (swagger.io)  & OpenAPI Specification - Version 2.0 | Swagger (Thingworx supports JSON structure )

Alternatively, you can use ContentLoader functions in Thingworx to consume REST API - ContentLoader (ThingWorx Platform API 9.3.0) (ptc.com)

This site consists of some dummy API - Reqres - A hosted REST-API ready to respond to your AJAX requests You can play with it

/VR

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Siddharth_Jhs 

Check this link for Custom HTTP Connector creation - Creating a Custom Integration Connector (ptc.com)

Yes, you can integrate any REST API using Thingworx HTTP Connector. But you have to create a Swagger structure for the API endpoint list. You can refer to this link for Swagger Structure - Basic Structure (swagger.io)  & OpenAPI Specification - Version 2.0 | Swagger (Thingworx supports JSON structure )

Alternatively, you can use ContentLoader functions in Thingworx to consume REST API - ContentLoader (ThingWorx Platform API 9.3.0) (ptc.com)

This site consists of some dummy API - Reqres - A hosted REST-API ready to respond to your AJAX requests You can play with it

/VR

By far the easiest path I would suggest is using the ContentLoader, as @Velkumar suggested - if your application scale allows this.

Siddharth_Jhs
14-Alexandrite
(To:Velkumar)

Hi @Velkumar@VladimirRosu 

Thank you for your response. I am able to use ContentLoader Functions to consume REST API's as Javascript code which you provided in example.

However, Please help me how I can consume same Swagger API using Integration Connector.

I have created Swagger connector and then in Configuration updated base url.

Sharing you ss of Integration connector I have created. 

Still I am not able to get any endpoints loaded. Kindly Help.

Thanks,

Sid

Hi @Siddharth_Jhs 

As I told you in my previous post you have to create swagger JSON manually to get the endpoint list. 

Step 1: Create Swagger JSON. You can use VS Code Plugin - OpenAPI (Swagger) Editor - Visual Studio Marketplace to create JSON. Note: Thingworx supports OpenAPI v2.0 only

Swagger JSON should look something like this

Below JSON consists of endpoint - https://reqres.in/api/users?page=2

{
    "swagger":"2.0",
    "info": {
      "title":"Test API",
      "version":"1.0"
    },
    "host": "reqres.in",
    "basePath": "/api",
    "schemes": ["https"],
    "paths": {
        "/users": {
            "get": {
                "description": "",
                "parameters": [
                   {

"name": "page",
                        "in": "query",
                        "required": true,
                        "type": "string",
                        "description": ""
                   }

],
                "responses": {
                    "200": {
                        "description": "OK"
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }
  }

Velkumar_0-1682787546587.png

Step 2: Update JSON value in Connector Property SwaggerJSON

Step 3: Execute GetEndPointList to get endpoints

/ VR

Siddharth_Jhs
14-Alexandrite
(To:Velkumar)

Thanks @Velkumar  It is working for me now.

Top Tags