cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Thingworx installation using installer on windows MSSQL server

MK_10775467
4-Participant

Thingworx installation using installer on windows MSSQL server

I am running the thingworx installer for mssql on windows. Everything goes smoothly but at the end I am getting the following error : 

get a generic message: "There has been an error. foundation Installation Failed The application will exit now.

When I check the logs files did not find any solution of how to fix it. 

PS. I am running the TWX 9.5.0 installer for mssql.

Do you know what is wrong in the installation process and what is the solution

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Surya_Tiwari 
I found the solution for the error. I deleted the JAVA_HOME environment variable from my system. Now the java file path is only under the PATH variable. I ran the installer again and it worked.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @MK_10775467 

Can you take a look at the below article and let us know it is working in your case or not?

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS408945

Hello @Surya_Tiwari 
I found the solution for the error. I deleted the JAVA_HOME environment variable from my system. Now the java file path is only under the PATH variable. I ran the installer again and it worked.

Hi @MK_10775467  Thanks for your confirmation here, kindly mark it as a solution.

Hello @MK_10775467

It looks like you have a response on your topic. If it helped you solve your question please mark the reply as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Community Moderation Team.

Top Tags