cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Thingworx run into an infinite loop

htran-21
15-Moonstone

Thingworx run into an infinite loop

Hi,

My Thingworx server (7.4.0-b159) ran into an infinite loop today and it became inaccessible.

ServerHang.png

I have checked the tomcat access log, there is no request from the Thing, but there were a lot of requests appeared in the Application Log and all of them were related to endpoint 86196 which has been closed.

My Bests,

Hung Tran

4 REPLIES 4
tkawasaki
15-Moonstone
(To:htran-21)

What is the edge application you use? WSEMS or have you built it using ThingWorx Edge SDKs?

It's better to review the log file of your edge application to understand the cause of WS connection close.

Do your edge application binds to RemoteThing on ThingWorx server and calls the service, or does it call a service without binding?

htran-21
15-Moonstone
(To:tkawasaki)

Hi,

That is an HTTP request to WSEMS. That's not an issue with WSEMS, everything and all edge devices are working fine and this issue only happened a few in months, and when it happened, Thingworx server become inaccessible. If you look into the log, the endpoint connection 86196 was closed but the server kept sending a response and it got stuck in an infinite loop. I have checked tomcat access log, these requests were not from outside, I assume they are created to redo 'send response' task to the endpoint, but it was closed.

My Bests,

Hung Tran

AdamR
12-Amethyst
(To:htran-21)

What was the call that was made to the server initially?  Was it a property update, service call or other transaction?

htran-21
15-Moonstone
(To:AdamR)

Hi AdamR,

It didn't. It ran into an infinite loop at a random code in Thingworx, it is necessary to restart the server every 3-4 weeks to prevent this happen.

My Bests,

Hung Tran

Top Tags