Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thwx 7.4: Failed to load FlxCore library

SOLVED

Thwx 7.4: Failed to load FlxCore library

I wanted to give v7.4 a spin this afternoon, so I grabbed the Neo version and spun it up, with the new license file in the ThingworxPlatform folder.

Tomcat starts and then stops. Application log at shutdown:

2017-03-24 14:00:16.908-0600 [L: INFO] [O: c.t.s.s.Subsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Starting Subsystem [LicensingSubsystem]

2017-03-24 14:00:16.987-0600 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] ====================================================================

2017-03-24 14:00:16.987-0600 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Failed to load FlxCore library. Ensure it's in PATH (Windows) or LD_LIBRARY_PATH(other platforms) or set with the VM arg, -Djava.library.path. Error message : com.flexnet.licensing.DllEntryPoint.entry([B)I

2017-03-24 14:00:16.987-0600 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] ====================================================================

2017-03-24 14:00:16.987-0600 [L: WARN] [O: c.t.s.ThingWorxServer] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Shutting down the Platform.

Looking around, I did spot, 'webapps\Thingworx\WEB-INF\extensions\FlxCore64.dll'

Anyone have any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Thwx 7.4: Failed to load FlxCore library

Hi Jason

For the error message, have you tried what is indicated in the error message:

"Ensure it's in PATH (Windows) or LD_LIBRARY_PATH(other platforms) or set with the VM arg, -Djava.library.path."

it works for me after adding <Tomcat>\webapps\Thingworx\WEB-INF\extensions in PATH variable (I am on Windows)

Also how do you start Tomcat ? I seem to recall the startup.bat did have the path as a java argument. Maybe you are using a different way that do not load this file, but adding the environment variable should help.

Regarding the license file, as this stage, the license file is only linked to the software version and not a specific environment, so there is no customer specific license file.

Hope this help

Kind regards

Christophe

29 REPLIES 29

Also a question on the license file. How do we get our company's license file created?

What is the license file that comes with the installer?

Hi Jason

For the error message, have you tried what is indicated in the error message:

"Ensure it's in PATH (Windows) or LD_LIBRARY_PATH(other platforms) or set with the VM arg, -Djava.library.path."

it works for me after adding <Tomcat>\webapps\Thingworx\WEB-INF\extensions in PATH variable (I am on Windows)

Also how do you start Tomcat ? I seem to recall the startup.bat did have the path as a java argument. Maybe you are using a different way that do not load this file, but adding the environment variable should help.

Regarding the license file, as this stage, the license file is only linked to the software version and not a specific environment, so there is no customer specific license file.

Hope this help

Kind regards

Christophe

Highlighted

Yes, thanks. I added it to the path after reading the error but, uh, spelled Tomcat as "Tomcart" and big surprise, it didn't work.

It worked fine once I learned to copy and paste.

I don't believe this is in the new Install or upgrade document.

Hi Jason

I am happy that it worked for you ... typos are always very entertaining

Regarding the guide, I just checked the installation guide and it does mention to add the path to WEB-INF/extensions page 10 for Windows and page 36 for Linux.

The guide add it as a  -Djava.library.path argument to Tomcat, but the result is the same.

Kind regards

Christophe

Good spot, I scanned that list and it looked the same to me as previous versions. I am  Thanks for the help, I appreciate it. I think I am overworked!!!

I am getting the same issue. I tried this solution but it did now work. My ThingWorx platform folder is in the OS(C:) directory and also contains the license file. Cannot figure out what the issue is. Any suggestions?

Rishit Shah​,

Try adding <Tomcat>\webapps\Thingworx\WEB-INF\extensions in PATH variable in the System environment variables.

Thank you for the response Ankit. I added it and I am still having the same issue.

@rishit Have you already checked this 7.4 Thingworx does not launch due to license error in Windows

Can you also share your application log/tomcat log? Which OS are you working with?