cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Time Series Chart from Extention will not work with different sources

drichter
14-Alexandrite

Time Series Chart from Extention will not work with different sources

Hey guys,

today I'm working with the TimeSeriesChart of the Custom Chart Widgets Extension (Version 3.0.0). I have multiple datasource which should be shown in the same chart. So I bind my services with the DataSource1, DataSource2 and so on. I uncheck "SingleDataSource" and setup the DataField and XAxisField properties.

The result of all this is an empty chart. Its dont show any graphs and no time axis.

If I do this stuff with the standard time series chart everything works fine. =/

The problem of the standard time series chart is as no ability to fill the area under the graph.

Have I forgot something todo on the time series chart from the extention?

9 REPLIES 9
mnarang
17-Peridot
(To:drichter)

Even i tried with a custom time series chart and able to get the chart. Can you check the service from which you are fetching the data on chart ? Can you test it manually and see if it is returning data there ? Mapping of data sources is pretty much same as it is in standard time series chart .

drichter
14-Alexandrite
(To:mnarang)

Do you bind the data with the "Data"-property or with the "DataSource1", "DataSource2", ...?

The Service I use is the standard QueryNumberPropertyHistory of a thing with some data. If I call the service manualy I get some rows with data.

mnarang
17-Peridot

Can you try binding sequence wise ,like first the data then datasource-1 and then datasource-2 based on your number of series ?

drichter
14-Alexandrite
(To:mnarang)

Same result. The Graph will not be rendered.

mnarang
17-Peridot

Can you share the screenshot of custom chart properties specially focusing on DataSource and DataField selection ?

Thanks,

Mukul Narang

Hi.

Is your data source have DATETIME field? .

In Time series chart, Data source should have at least one DATETIME field.

drichter
14-Alexandrite
(To:Sathishkumar_C)

Yes it have and I selected this timestamp field for the x-axis.

Ascherer17
14-Alexandrite

Did you make sure that you designated the DataFields for each DataSource?  

tsc fields.PNG

Ascherer17
14-Alexandrite
(To:Ascherer17)

Just noticed someone else mentioned DataFields.  Sorry.  

Top Tags