cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Trial License Error

Machiel
3-Visitor

Trial License Error

Good day, I have downloaded the Thingworx Foundation Trial, I installed and ran the program, however I am not able to save things, it says I need to load a license. In the ThingworxPlatform folder it generated something like a getlicensekey.txt file. I looked at documentation an even added the platform-setting.json below (with my specific credentials) but still no luck. Some documents state that I must request the license through a portal which I do not have access to. I really just want to get my trial going, and only have 120 days, but I am unable to start.

Please assist with what I must do to get the trial licensed. 

{
"PlatformSettingsConfig": {
"AdministratorUserSettings": {
"InitialPassword": "1234567890"
},
"LicensingConnectionSettings": {
"username": "<my login credentials>",
"password": "<my login credentials>",
"timeout": "60"
}
}
}

3 REPLIES 3
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Machiel)

Hi @Machiel.

Did you install your trial on a machine that previously had a trial installed?  If so, do you have another machine you can install it on that has never been used for ThingWorx?

--Sharon

Good day, Thank you for your reply.

I tried on 3 different machines which never had Thingworx installed before.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Machiel)

Hi @Machiel.

Did you download the file called Thingworx-Foundation-8-2-1.zip from the Developer's Portal?  If so, once you unzip the files, you will see a file called license.bin.  Copy this file to \ThingworxPlatform and restart Tomcat.

If you still have issues, please .zip the logs under \ThingworxStorage\Logs and attach for further review.

Regards.

--Sharon

If my response has answered your question, please mark as Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

Top Tags