cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Trying to create Expand collapse the container using button

VaibhavShinde
16-Pearl

Trying to create Expand collapse the container using button

Hi Team,

as i shown in below image , trying to create Expand and collapse button on container, 

but in second container(Chart) button i need at top right above the chart. Is it possible in Thingworx 9.3?

pls suggest how we can design this. 

VaibhavShinde_0-1673245583654.png

Thanks,

VS

6 REPLIES 6

Make container as fixed size in layout tab and try following article...

Expanding and Collapsing Containers

Hello Sathish,

Thanks for the reply, I followed same article but still  can't achieve as i want . pls see below use case

I have metric and Graph panel , if I expand metric, two more metrics should see (Total 3 are there , by default only 1 can see without expand). It means can we adjust Collapse size upto two metric?

Thanks,

VS

try import and test... hope it will be helpful.

No. this is just Expand /Collapse. I need to change/reduce container width when collapse.

Thanks,

I believe, that's not possible to change size of container in runtime. May be, you can do workaround with Tab.

Is that requirement non-negotiable? Meaning it really breaks down the application functionality if it will not be implemented?

ThingWorx has specific UI and UX capabilities that allow building such Industrial IoT solutions fast, and it was never aimed to be a "one size fits all" type of platform. We are adept at building effective UIs and we give out the power of CSS to execute slight modifications, but this won't allow to fulfill any requirements out there.

The question to be asked is: what is the value of this capability ? If this does not bring $ to the table, and if the application works well (not good enough) without it then scrape it. After witnessing these kind of requests in the past and the time spent to find solutions to make them work I always advise to try to negotiate them out of the requirements.

Top Tags