cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Unable to create a Thing using Postman

liuq
6-Contributor

Unable to create a Thing using Postman

I was trying to create a Thing using Postman.

I put the appKey and Content-Type = application/json as suggested in this website:

https://developer.thingworx.com/resources/guides/thingworx-rest-api-quickstart/use-rest-api-create-new-thing

The status code is 500 Internel Server Error and it says "Unable to Invoke Service CreateThing on EntityServices : No name provided in CreateThing".

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:liuq)

@liuq Could you please share the exact REST call you are making along with details provided in header, parameters, etc using Postman. From the error it appears to be an issue with your REST call with existing TWX configuration.  Are you able to make any successful REST call pointing to the same ThingWorx instance? Also, check and provide Allow Request Method Switch setting for more detail please refer Help center page.

-Durgesh

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
liuq
6-Contributor

HTTP/1.1 502 Bad Gateway
Connection: keep-alive
Content-Length: 240
Content-Type: text/html
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2018 19:24:00 GMT
ETag: "5acdfc0e-f0"
Server: nginx

This is the response if I am using HTTPie.

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

@liuq Could you please share the exact REST call you are making along with details provided in header, parameters, etc using Postman. From the error it appears to be an issue with your REST call with existing TWX configuration.  Are you able to make any successful REST call pointing to the same ThingWorx instance? Also, check and provide Allow Request Method Switch setting for more detail please refer Help center page.

-Durgesh

Top Tags