cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Unable to get updated values in Mashup widgets using GetProperties service

ravi2
12-Amethyst

Unable to get updated values in Mashup widgets using GetProperties service

I want to display a Number type value inside a Gauge widget, and the new values coming from an Edge device every 60 seconds to get automatically updated. The remotely bound property has a 'DataChangeEvent' of 'Always'.

I'm using the GetProperties service with the 'Automatically update' flag checked, and the required property is bound to the Gauge data in the Mashup design. However, the updated value is reflected inside the Gauge only when I open the Thing, or click the refresh button for properties in the Composer UI, and not in real-time.

It was suggested in one of the posts to bind all DataChangeEvent properties to a widget when using GetProperties service. I tried the same, but still no success.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ravi2
12-Amethyst
(To:posipova)

Thank you for the pointer to check the Application Log. Indeed, the reason for values not getting updated was due to the property value not getting pushed from the Edge SDK device.

Upon running the GetPropertiesSubscription service for the Remote Thing, for some strange reason, the PushType of the desired Remote Property was returned 'NEVER', although it was set to 'ALWAYS', both in the server and the Edge SDK. I recreated my Remote Thing again, and it is now working.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:ravi2)

This seems like a duplicate to the other thread you posted.

The same question:

Could you please attach your sample mashup being used for this scenario? 

Also, please check application log for errors.

ravi2
12-Amethyst

Attached are the snapshots of the Mashup design page and the application log. In the application logs, I only see an info log for only one of the updated remote property, not the second. Could that be an issue?

ravi2
12-Amethyst

Thank you for the pointer to check the Application Log. Indeed, the reason for values not getting updated was due to the property value not getting pushed from the Edge SDK device.

Upon running the GetPropertiesSubscription service for the Remote Thing, for some strange reason, the PushType of the desired Remote Property was returned 'NEVER', although it was set to 'ALWAYS', both in the server and the Edge SDK. I recreated my Remote Thing again, and it is now working.

Top Tags