cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Unable to import Thingworx extension plugin into Eclipse

pbadiger
1-Newbie

Unable to import Thingworx extension plugin into Eclipse

Hi Team,

I am using Thingworx 8.0 and want to import the extension plugin sdk in eclipse for this version of thingworx. I have downloaded '204-ThingWorx-Extension-SDK-8-0-0.zip' from the thingworx market place. When I try to import this plugin in eclipse Mars (version 4.5.1), I am getting an error. Please refer to attachments.

Thingworx_Eclipse_Error.PNG

Please suggest.

5 REPLIES 5
kbuss
6-Contributor
(To:pbadiger)

Hi Pawan,

what you are trying to install is not the eclipse plugin but the extension sdk.

It seems like something is wrong with the marketplace download, since you get the sdk instead of the plugin.

For now you could download the previous version 7.2.0 of 'Eclipse Plugin for ThingWorx Extensions', it should work.

pbadiger
1-Newbie
(To:kbuss)

Hi Kejjo,

Thank you for the information. Can you please share the exact link for downloading 'Eclipse Plugin for ThingWorx Extensions'

posipova
20-Turquoise

You can find it in the marketplace ThingWorx IoT Marketplace

Hi Polina,

I tried searching it in the MarketPlace, however all the links are inappropriate. I get the SDKs downloaded when I click on the download tool button.

I tried below URL to download eclipse plugin for thingworx extension v 7.2. However, even that gave me some SDK

https://marketplace.thingworx.com/tools/eclipse-plugin-for-thingworx-extensions

Request you to share the exact URL.

posipova
20-Turquoise

It has now been fixed and downloads the eclipse plugin. Please note you do need the extensionsSDK file as well.

Top Tags