cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Unable to import any extension in ThingWorx 8.4

rouellet99
5-Regular Member

Unable to import any extension in ThingWorx 8.4

I just installed ThingWorx platform 8.4 with MSSQL as a persistant provider. The installation has been done with success. No error in the Tomcat as everything as stated properly. However, whenever I tried to import an Extension, I am getting a generic error like: Errors occurred during the validation or the import. There is nothing showed in the application log. Any idea how to solve or troubleshoot this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Sugumar_5656 : Verify if this configuration is properly added to platform-settings.json file

(has to be a part of PlatformSettingsConfig as shown in below snippet)

//////////////////////////////////////

{
"PlatformSettingsConfig": {
"AdministratorUserSettings": {
"InitialPassword": "xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
},
"ExtensionPackageImportPolicy": {
"importEnabled": true,
"allowJarResources": true,
"allowJavascriptResources": true,
"allowCSSResources": true,
"allowJSONResources": true,
"allowWebAppResources": true,
"allowEntities": true,
"allowExtensibleEntities": true
}
}

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
rouellet99
5-Regular Member
(To:rouellet99)

I found the issue. There was a configuration issue under the platform setting to activate the extension capability.

mgoel
17-Peridot

@rouellet99 

Exactly for 8.4 version we need to provide extension import settings into Platform.json

Thanks for the psot

Sugumar_5656
14-Alexandrite
(To:mgoel)

This configuration is not functioning correctly.

Please suggest any other solution. My configuration is mentioned below,

"allowEntities": false,
	}

Throwing error like,

2019-02-23 17:13:59.704+0530 [L: ERROR] [O: E.c.t.w.ExtensionPackageUploader] [I: ] [U: Sugumar] [S: ] [T: http-nio-8080-exec-6] [context: Extension Exception][message: Extension package import failed.  See error log for more details.] java.lang.Exception: ExtensionPackageImportPolicy: ExtensionPackage upload attempted while import disabled.  Check the ExtensionPackageImportPolicy.
	at com.thingworx.webservices.ExtensionPackageUploader$ExtensionPackageImportPolicyChecker.checkImportEnabled(ExtensionPackageUploader.java:417)
	... 50 common frames omitted
Wrapped by: com.thingworx.extensibility.ExtensibilityException: Extension package import failed. See error log for more details.
at com.thingworx.webservices.ExtensionPackageUploader$ExtensionPackageImportPolicyChecker.checkImportEnabled(ExtensionPackageUploader.java:419)
at com.thingworx.webservices.ExtensionPackageUploader$ExtensionPackageImportPolicyChecker.access$000(ExtensionPackageUploader.java:410)
at com.thingworx.webservices.ExtensionPackageUploader.service(ExtensionPackageUploader.java:112)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:742)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:231)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:166)
at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:166)
at com.thingworx.security.contenttype.ContentTypeFilter.doFilter(ContentTypeFilter.java:138)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
at com.thingworx.security.filter.ValidationFilter.doFilter(ValidationFilter.java:22)
at com.thingworx.security.authentication.AuthenticationFilter.propagateRequest(AuthenticationFilter.java:541)
at com.thingworx.security.authentication.AuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AuthenticationFilter.java:210)
at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.RuleChain.handleRewrite(RuleChain.java:176)
at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.RuleChain.doRules(RuleChain.java:145)
at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriter.processRequest(UrlRewriter.java:92)
at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter.doFilter(UrlRewriteFilter.java:389)
at com.thingworx.security.filter.ClickjackFilter.doFilter(ClickjackFilter.java:178)
at com.thingworx.security.filter.ProhibitIfNotLeaderFilter.doFilter(ProhibitIfNotLeaderFilter.java:120)
at com.thingworx.security.filter.HttpResponseHeadersFilter.doFilter(HttpResponseHeadersFilter.java:173)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:199)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:96)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:493)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:140)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:81)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AbstractAccessLogValve.invoke(AbstractAccessLogValve.java:650)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:87)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:342)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.service(Http11Processor.java:800)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProcessorLight.process(AbstractProcessorLight.java:66)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$ConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:806)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1498)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SocketProcessorBase.run(SocketProcessorBase.java:49)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

@mgoel wrote:

@rouellet99 

Exactly for 8.4 version we need to provide extension import settings into Platform.json

Thanks for the psot

In your Platform-settings.json file i can see 

"allowEntities": false,

try make this as true and check

in case importing this extension again gives error then try removing extension reference from system completely before the import.(sometimes extension reference still remains in system due to previous imports even it fails )

try understanding the error as well in application logs during import fails

Sugumar_5656
14-Alexandrite
(To:rosharma)

I included this code, still i am getting the same error which i mentioned above.

@Sugumar_5656 : Verify if this configuration is properly added to platform-settings.json file

(has to be a part of PlatformSettingsConfig as shown in below snippet)

//////////////////////////////////////

{
"PlatformSettingsConfig": {
"AdministratorUserSettings": {
"InitialPassword": "xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
},
}
}

Thaveshni
5-Regular Member

Please can you post your solution. We also have the same problem

Sugumar_5656
14-Alexandrite
(To:Thaveshni)

Still didn't find any solution for that problem, TWX 8.4 contains lots of bugs.

Better go with TWX 8.3.

I had the same errors. Mine was an issue with my platform-setting.json. I had placed the extension import policy settings outside of the platform settings config brackets. Here is my final setting file that worked for me...

{
"PlatformSettingsConfig":
{

"AdministratorUserSettings":
{

"InitialPassword": "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
}
"ExtensionPackageImportPolicy":
{
}
},

"PersistenceProviderPackageConfigs":
{

"PostgresPersistenceProviderPackage":
{

"ConnectionInformation":
{

"jdbcUrl": "jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/thingworx",

"password": "xxxxxxxxxxxxx",

"username": "xxxxxxxxxxxx"

}

}

}

}

I'm getting the same issue in the latest release of 8.3 (SP5).  I've tried adding the "ExtensionPackageImportPolicy" to the platform settings file, but no luck.

Anyone have any updates?

Never mind, found my issue.  I didn't realize the Extension settings had to be in the PlatformSettingsConfig property group.

Moving this fixed my issue.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:bmehringer)

Hi @rouellet99.

If one of the previous posts resolved your issue, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags