cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Unable to install thingworx trial version on ubuntu 16.04

cgoma
12-Amethyst

Unable to install thingworx trial version on ubuntu 16.04

I am trying to install TWX trial version on Ubuntu but unable to complete installation.

I am getting attached error.Screenshot from 2019-11-20 22-24-31.pngScreenshot from 2019-11-20 22-26-33.png

I am not able to get the failure logs as well. Since once installation fails everything in installation directory is emptied. For one time the uninstallation script is not generated properly.

Also the JAVA_HOME installation path is set to "/usr/lib/jvm/jdk-11.0.5" when installation script is ran.

Please let me know what is the cause for this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:cgoma)

Hi @cgoma.

We have confirmed that Ubuntu is NOT a supported platform for the trial versions.  We will be pursuing an update on the downloads page to advise this information.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @cgoma.

We are researching to be sure the trial versions support Ubuntu.  Note:  the updated 8.5 trials will be released tomorrow, so it may be worthwhile to try that version.

Regards.

--Sharon

cgoma
12-Amethyst
(To:slangley)

@slangley 

I guess the trial version supports Ubuntu as there is specific option for Linux download in "Download Trial" section.

Just wanted to confirm if I will be allowed to download the latest 8.5 trial release as I can only option see the option of "Download in Thingworx foundation 8.4". Please let me know how to download/update the trail version 8.5 as can be in this screenshot fyi-test.JPG

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @cgoma.

We have confirmed that Ubuntu is NOT a supported platform for the trial versions.  We will be pursuing an update on the downloads page to advise this information.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags