cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Unable to run Thingworx Integration Runtime:"Endpoint reconnection was unsuccessful."

VR_10133499
13-Aquamarine

Unable to run Thingworx Integration Runtime:"Endpoint reconnection was unsuccessful."

Hi,

I am trying to run Thingworx Integration Runtime but it is not able to connect to the Thingworx instance.

After running the below command from cmd:-

"java -DconfigFile=integrationRuntime-settings.json -jar integration-runtime-8.0.12-b1455.jar"

I can see the service trying to start but then at the end i get the message  "Endpoint not connected", which it attempts to reconnect but never connects.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @pshashipreetham 

If you can access ThingWorx Composer or Mashup, you should be able find the IP in the URL address.

replace the IP with localhost in the integrationRuntime-settings.json.

Make sure you can access/ping the IP address from the server where you are running Integration Runtime.

If your ThingWorx is running in HA cluster mode, you will need to install and run Connection server to route the websocket communication.

The Integration Connector uses WebSockets to communicate with ThingWorx. A typical HA landscape uses multiple Connection Servers with a load balancer in front of the Connection Servers. In an HA landscape, the Integration Runtime must route through the configured load balancer and to a Connection Server.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Articles:

Discussions earlier:

VR_10133499
13-Aquamarine
(To:VladimirN)

Hi, I tried to go through these but none of them are clear to me. All I want to do is connect to SAP to consume data in form of OData inside Thingworx. I followed the documentation to run the Thingworx integration runtime but it wont just connect. I used the similar kind of configurations to run EMS which doesn't have this problem, so i am assuming nothing is wrong on the configuration settings.

TonyZhang
13-Aquamarine
(To:VR_10133499)

Hi @VR_10133499 

Could you please review the "integrationRuntime-settings.json" and make sure the ThingWorx appKey, host, and port is configured correctly? Also make sure the appKey is not expired in ThingWorx.

If still doesn't work, try setting "ignoreSSLErrors" to "true".

"Thingworx": {
    "appKey": "1234abcd-xxxx-yyyy-zzzz-5678efgh",
    "host": "localhost",
    "port": "8443",
    "basePath": "/Thingworx",
    "sslEnable": "true",
    "ignoreSSLErrors": "false"
  },

Then open the cmd as Administrator to run the command to ensure you have permission to access the json file and execute the jar file 

See Initial Setup of Integration Runtime Service for Integration Connectors

Hi @TonyZhang,

I tried it with the root user, but it didn't work. In my case, I am not sure if it is localhost or something else. Can you help me out with how I can find on what my Thingworx is working on?

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham,
Email: psp316r@outlook.com,
Mobile: +91 8099838001.

Hi @pshashipreetham 

If you can access ThingWorx Composer or Mashup, you should be able find the IP in the URL address.

replace the IP with localhost in the integrationRuntime-settings.json.

Make sure you can access/ping the IP address from the server where you are running Integration Runtime.

If your ThingWorx is running in HA cluster mode, you will need to install and run Connection server to route the websocket communication.

The Integration Connector uses WebSockets to communicate with ThingWorx. A typical HA landscape uses multiple Connection Servers with a load balancer in front of the Connection Servers. In an HA landscape, the Integration Runtime must route through the configured load balancer and to a Connection Server.

Announcements

Top Tags