cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Universal Converter

golsen1
4-Participant

Universal Converter

I am trying to convert some XML into an infotable.  As is commonly the case, the extension is provided without documentation or an example or... anything.  So the ConvertXML function.  How do you use the parameters?  What's the rowsPath for?  I made a datashape for it.  About the fieldMap  is that an XPath?  How do you make a path that will draw data?  No XPath I can think of works.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @golsen1.

The Universal Converter extension has been pulled from the Marketplace and the page in the Help Center has also been taken down.  At this time, there is no expectation that the extension will be reposted.

As a result, we are unable to provide further information regarding it's use.

You may use the existing extension as a guide for writing your own extension that conforms to your needs.  Here are a couple of resources to assist you in that endeavor:

Best Practices for Developing Applications

Create an Extension

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:golsen1)

Hi @golsen1.

Unfortunately, the Universal Converter is a Marketplace extension not covered under Support.  However, I am checking to see if we can provide the answers to your questions.

I'll let you know as soon as I have an update.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @golsen1.

R&D suggested using the attached extension instead of the Universal Converter.  With parsley you just pass in your xml and date format with (optionally) an infotable and it will parse the xml into an infotable.

Please let me know if this works as a replacement.

Regards.

--Sharon

Thingworx Server side Javascript it's E4X, you can work with XML documents out of the box, just load the content and work with it, you don't need any extension for that.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:golsen1)

Hi @golsen1.

If one of the previous responses allowed you to find a solution to your question, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @golsen1.

Just wanted to let you know that I have opened an internal case to review the lack of documentation on the Universal Converter extension.  I will continue to track this post and let you know when we receive feedback.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @golsen1.

The Universal Converter extension has been pulled from the Marketplace and the page in the Help Center has also been taken down.  At this time, there is no expectation that the extension will be reposted.

As a result, we are unable to provide further information regarding it's use.

You may use the existing extension as a guide for writing your own extension that conforms to your needs.  Here are a couple of resources to assist you in that endeavor:

Best Practices for Developing Applications

Create an Extension

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags