cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Urgent help needed: Value Streams not working

Assembly
4-Participant

Urgent help needed: Value Streams not working

Hi,

I'm running Thingworx 8 server locally, my DB is Postgresql - Value Streams are exhibiting very odd behavior, when I create a value stream (using ThingworxPersistenceProvider), connect it to a thing & run QueryPropertyHistory - I get an error saying Data Store Unknown. Switched on stack trace and this is what I got:

2020-02-21 16:55:35.516+0400 [L: ERROR] [O: E.c.t.p.p.PostgresDataExceptionTranslator] [I: ] [U: Administrator] [S: ] [T: http-nio-8080-exec-8] [message: [1,018] Data store unknown error: [Error occurred while accessing the data provider.]] org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: relation "value_stream" does not exist
Position: 32
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:2440)
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:2183)
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:308)
at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgStatement.executeInternal(PgStatement.java:441)
at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgStatement.execute(PgStatement.java:365)
at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgPreparedStatement.executeWithFlags(PgPreparedStatement.java:143)

------------------------

I'm also unable to delete any value streams, get an error saying unable to dispose.  When I look at the valuestream_model table in PGAdmin, it's empty, though they do exist in the thing_model table.

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:Assembly)

Try adding visibility permissions to the user who is executing the query.

Add it to Persistence Provider itself most likely it is already in place on the ValueStream itself (but double check)

Hello @Assembly ,

Here it suggests that you dropped the table with value stream data:

relation "value_stream" does not exist

What did you do before this error appeared?

/ Constantine

Hi,

You need to have a "value_stream" table in the database. Does it contain data?

Thanks,

Raluca Edu

Top Tags