cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Use Dropdown widget as screen menu

DW_8663686
2-Guest

Use Dropdown widget as screen menu

I am new to Thingworx and thought the requirement below must has been solved many times before. Is there sample source code or documents I can review?

Requirements: I would like to build a dropdown box (for user to select 5 production lines) in Thingworx: when user click “Line 1”, Line 1 data is shown on the rest of screen; when user click “Line 2”, Line 2 data is shown on the rest of screen.

Questions: (1) how can I populate dropdown widget with “Line 1”; “Line 2” etc.?; (2) how can I populate the rest of screen data when user select “Line 1” or “Line 2”, etc.?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:DW_8663686)

Hi @DW_8663686

Since you are new to ThingWorx, it would be best to develop an understanding of the platform before jumping into development.  You can talk with you partner rep about the training courses available.  In addition, the Dev Portal has many guides for getting up-to-speed.

Regards.

--Sharon

This is not helpful. I posted this question after I have taken training courses.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:DW_8663686)

HI @DW_8663686.

Unfortunately, this will require a complex answer.  If our developers in the community are unable to provide assistance, I recommend engaging with one of our consultants for reviewing the requirements and assisting with the design and development.   You can contact the Sales team for making the arrangements.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags