cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

User Password Configuration

pbaierl
1-Newbie

User Password Configuration

What is the best way to handle the user password creation text box?

Currently the user password and confirmation text boxes are displayed in plain text.  I have tried a number of methods to convert the text into a diffrent character masking the entered password.  I have also tried changing the fonts to hide the password, changing font color to the background color, transparent font color, and placing a label on top of the password text box.  I have also written a function that takes in the password and outputs the appropriate number of masking characters.

I can't seem to get the standard password screen effect that displays ****** or a different character for each password character entered.

Any tips would be helpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ttielebein
12-Amethyst
(To:pbaierl)

There is a property of the textbox widget called MaskInputCharacters. If you select true for this, then you will see the behavior you are requesting.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ttielebein
12-Amethyst

There is a property of the textbox widget called MaskInputCharacters. If you select true for this, then you will see the behavior you are requesting.

Thanks for your help it's working now!!!!

Wow not sure how I missed that one........

ttielebein
12-Amethyst

No worries! Sometimes it's hard to keep track of all of the options; there are so many! Glad I could help!

Top Tags