cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Value stream vs stream?

RajatBain
9-Granite

Value stream vs stream?

Can anyone please explain me the differences and when to use which one with example? I have read few articles on this topic but still its not clear to me. I would request you to give an use case scenario. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
yhan
17-Peridot
(To:RajatBain)

We have TWX tutorials video to introduce value streams / streams:

In summary:

• Value stream is generally used to record one fast-changing data of one thing, such as the speed of the machine, humidity, temperature, etc.
  • Streams are used when you want to combine a specific set of data over time from different sources. And if you are looking to record data over time paired with other relevant data points.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
yhan
17-Peridot
(To:RajatBain)

We have TWX tutorials video to introduce value streams / streams:

In summary:

• Value stream is generally used to record one fast-changing data of one thing, such as the speed of the machine, humidity, temperature, etc.
  • Streams are used when you want to combine a specific set of data over time from different sources. And if you are looking to record data over time paired with other relevant data points.

abjain
13-Aquamarine
(To:yhan)

Hi @RajatBain ,

If the previous response answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards,

Abhinav

Top Tags