cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

ValueFormat option for Value Display widged

iguerra
14-Alexandrite

ValueFormat option for Value Display widged

I have thingworx 8.5.9

the (old) legacy widget Value Display allows to specify the Render and also Style for the formatting options

iguerra_0-1624350384419.png

The new Value Display has instead only the Render option, so I cannot change the style using state-based formatting using a state definition.

iguerra_1-1624350407484.png

State was very useful because I can change color, or show a picture based on the incoming value ... but I cannot do this with the new Value Display.

I have now to use an expression widget to show a particular picture based on the value ... so the state-definitions are much les useful now ..

Is there a different way ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
abjain
13-Aquamarine
(To:iguerra)

@iguerra : Please have a look at this community post where this has been answered ( https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/Value-Display-State-Formatting-TW-8-5-0-b12/td-p/664021 ).

Now as per latest release , state based formatting has been added back to new value display widget from thingworx 9.1.0

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
abjain
13-Aquamarine

@iguerra : Please have a look at this community post where this has been answered ( https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/Value-Display-State-Formatting-TW-8-5-0-b12/td-p/664021 ).

Now as per latest release , state based formatting has been added back to new value display widget from thingworx 9.1.0

iguerra
14-Alexandrite
(To:abjain)

Thanks

however the answer was to use an expression ... and this is what we are using (but with an image widget)

From that post I read that the old value display is still present on 9.0 .... do you know if the "legacy" widgets are still available on thingworx 9.1+ or are definitely removed?

abjain
13-Aquamarine

@iguerra : Legacy value display widget is still available in 9.1

iguerra
14-Alexandrite
(To:abjain)

Is there a list of legacy widgets that are still available on 9+ ?

This is important to know if a refactory of mashup is needed if I want to upgrade 8.5 to 9.x ....

Top Tags