cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

ValueStream logging issue

dabrosimov
5-Regular Member

ValueStream logging issue

I have a remote thing which reports temperature and humidity, sensor is connected to Rapsberry.

I have set temp and hum prorerties as persistent and logged, and have Value Stream assigned to thing.

So, I can see property values, and I can observe their values changing over time.

But when I query property history, I see, that property changes are not logged over time, but values updated for several last rows with new value (leaving the original timestamp). I attach pictures for better understanding.

So, what is wrong?

4 REPLIES 4

Can you run QuerynamedPropertyHistory service for H1?  Your H1 value has been updated but it shouldn't change like that, either you changed property history or something wrong happened in your VS.

dabrosimov
5-Regular Member
(To:zyuan1)

I have recreated the thing from scratch, with new name and new value stream. But now I observe the same behavour - I have only one row in stream, which is being constantly updated with new values, leaving original timestamp. QueryPropertyHistory and QueryNamedProrertyHistory give the same result - only one row.

What's your TWX version?

Do you use property-logged setting and property change event or use any VS services directly to add new rows to the valuestream?

I've never seen such behavior before, if it's not operational problem, it would be a bug in a specific situation.

dabrosimov
5-Regular Member
(To:zyuan1)

I tried to use VS build-in functionality.

ThingWorx 8.3.2-b535.

I observe that if you unbind property from remote property, and change it manually - everything works as expected.

So, may be the problem is on a Rapsberry side, we will investigate the issue on...

At the moment the solution is to write properties' values to Stream using DataChabge event and custom script to write. It works fine.

Top Tags