cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Visual SDK - Gulp Error

AlessandroN
11-Garnet

Visual SDK - Gulp Error

Hi, I'm trying to build a widget using the Visual SDK on Thingworx 9.

I've already downloaded the required packages from the PTC Software Download page:

• MED-61347-CD-090_F000_WEB-Component-SDK-Utility.zip
  • ThingWorx_Web_Component_Widget.zip

In the official tutorial the steps are 4:

1. Open a command prompt, then change the current directory to the location on your system where you extracted the SDK utility:

cd twx-wc-sdk-utility

2. Run the following command to install the utility:

npm link

3. Change your directory to the simple-el-widget/ folder that you created earlier (previously downloaded and unzipped

cd simple-el-widget

4. In the widget folder, run the following command to create the extension:

mub

An extension ZIP file is created and placed in the dist/ folder of your working directory. You are now ready to import the extension.

But the mub command gives me back this error:

Starting series of gulp tasks for the wrapping...

exec error: Error: Command failed: gulp --e --wd C:\CDM\GitLab Cloud\libraries\thingworx\thingworx-web-component-library\simple-el-widget
[10:12:30] Task never defined: Cloud\libraries\thingworx\thingworx-web-component-library\simple-el-widget
[10:12:30] To list available tasks, try running: gulp --tasks

Seems that in the widget folder the gold task file is missing.
There is anyone who already faced this error?

thanks,

Alessandro

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @AlessandroN ,

Looking at the error message, it might be because of the space in the folder name:

gulp --e --wd C:\CDM\GitLab Cloud\libraries\thingworx\thingworx-web-component-library\simple-el-widget

Can you rename the "GitLab Cloud" folder to something else? Like "GitLabCloud" and try again.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:AlessandroN)

Hi @AlessandroN.

Is this the tutorial you're using?

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi @slangley ,

yes it is

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:AlessandroN)

Hi @AlessandroN.

I see that you have another post on this topic which already has an accepted solution.  Please confirm that you still need assistance on this one.

Regards.

--Sharon

It's another topic, this one refers to a different issue.
Please read the content. 

Hi @AlessandroN ,

Looking at the error message, it might be because of the space in the folder name:

gulp --e --wd C:\CDM\GitLab Cloud\libraries\thingworx\thingworx-web-component-library\simple-el-widget

Can you rename the "GitLab Cloud" folder to something else? Like "GitLabCloud" and try again.

Hi, I changed the folder name removing the space and now it works!

Thank you very much @ashaban!

Top Tags