cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

What's the difference between GetCurrentLicenseInfo & GetDaysRemainingInLicense wrt to license days?

ranjank
14-Alexandrite

What's the difference between GetCurrentLicenseInfo & GetDaysRemainingInLicense wrt to license days?

Hi Team,

Why there is difference in results of below two services of LicensingSubsystem?

1) 

GetCurrentLicenseInfo- This service is giving me the no of days for one of my instance as 15.

2) 

GetDaysRemainingInLicense- This service is giving me the no of days for same instance as -14 (minus 14)

What is the difference between these two results and what is the significance of negative value of second service?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:ranjank)

Hi @ranjank.

This may have been a bug in that release.  In my testing under 9.0, it works as expected.

Note that ThingWorx 8.3 is no longer supported.  It would be a good idea to schedule an upgrade of your environments.  Please refer to the Product Release Calendar for product support end dates for each release.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

GetCurrentLicenseInfo should give you all the different features you are enabled for by your license and the expiration if known.

Not sure how GetDaysRemainingInLicense is giving you a different number though, that is rather strange.

Should give you the same number or Null/NA

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:PaiChung)

Hi @ranjank.

I agree with Pai's response. 

What version of ThingWorx are you running?

Regards.

--Sharon

ranjank
14-Alexandrite
(To:slangley)

@slangley @PaiChung 

The ThingWorx version is 8.3.4.

Also have enclosed the scheenshot for GetDaysRemainingInLicense service result.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @ranjank.

This may have been a bug in that release.  In my testing under 9.0, it works as expected.

Note that ThingWorx 8.3 is no longer supported.  It would be a good idea to schedule an upgrade of your environments.  Please refer to the Product Release Calendar for product support end dates for each release.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @ranjank.

If you feel your question has been answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags